Owensboro 36 Fairdale 0

16thBBall Fan

QB Boone plays best game of the season. I believe 1st game of the season without an INT. Carbon, Pendleton, Winstead, Cecil, Rogers all contribute on offense but the big story was Goodwin at running back. Monster night with a long run for 82 yards. Not as elusive as Carbon but more physical looks to be faster and harder take down. Defense played lights out with 2 INT’s and Fairdale never threatening to score in the red zone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devils Fan said:

I can’t believe D1 schools aren’t breaking down Goodwins door. He’s one of the best all around complete players I’ve seen in a Red Devils jersey.

Goodwin has some D1 offers, but if he had the exposure of playing at a “Douglass”, he would be getting a ton more.  There are a few young men that are college football material:  Hines is a monster, Miller and Lindsay already have D1 offers on the O-line.  Rogers has some small D1, as does Early and I think maybe Pendleton. To me Carbon and Clark are 2 other guys that can play D1 ball.  All of them need to add some muscle, but they are phenomenal football players.  Goodwin being the beast of them all.

Both Hampton’s didn’t play either. Crowe did a GREAT job at MLB - that kid is a player.

• Like 2

Total offense Owensboro 432 to 134 for Fairdale

Goodwin 8 rushes 140 and 2 TD’s (Austin Gough power with great speed)

Carbon 18 rushes for 111 and 2 TD’s

Boone 11-19 for 158 and 1TD

Rogers and Pendleton each 66 yards and 1 TD for Pendleton 

Easily Boone’s best game - not from yardage or TD standpoint but making great decisions and hitting tough and intermediate passes.  Threw the ball away a time or 2 and those were great decisions.  Don’t throw interceptions.  Punt and play defense if you have to.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

I guess I will be having crow for Thanksgiving. Who knows Owensboro is probably as good as WC they may give FD all they want.

Owensboro is very speedy and talented, I hope they play to their potential.