Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Saint Xavier 31 Bowling Green 0

Featured Replies

Tiger defense has another great game and offense ran effectively to move to 9-1. Both teams had too many penalties especially holding calls. Good luck to Bowling Green in the playoffs. Tigers play Southern next Thursday.

I certainly stand corrected . Worse I’ve seen Purples play in many years. St X had EVERYTHING to do with that

 

Hoping Kibawa is OK

As expected, IMO. For some reason I get the feeling X isn’t getting the respect they deserve. 

  • Author
4 minutes ago, PurplesFan said:

I certainly stand corrected . Worse I’ve seen Purples play in many years. St X had EVERYTHING to do with that

 

Hoping Kibawa is OK

I hope he's ok too.

You’re a class act St X and Tigerpride 

It’s still a heck of an accomplishment for Purples to be leading X - 7 wins to X 5 wins past 12 seasons. 
 

Not bad for Public school

 

Hoping X runs the table next 5 weeks!

  • Author
12 minutes ago, PurplesFan said:

You’re a class act St X and Tigerpride 

It’s still a heck of an accomplishment for Purples to be leading X - 7 wins to X 5 wins past 12 seasons. 
 

Not bad for Public school

 

Hoping X runs the table next 5 weeks!

Very good accomplishment and BG has great football program. Thx!

I'm shocked at this.  Not that St X won or won comfortably, but the way BG lost.  

First play - kickoff - your Senior leader catches it at the 1 with traffic coming.  BG ball first and 10 at the BG 2 against the best defensive team in the state.  That's not smart ever, but especially against a team like X.  And it just kept raining on BG from there.

No points.  BG had good plays and good gains, the majority of which were called back for penalties.  I'm not saying they weren't penalties, I'm saying BG wasn't prepared to make those plays or smart enough to know you don't need to make those penalties.  Many penalties weren't anywhere near the ball.

Anything good to take away from this game for BG?  I say no; nothing (2 significant injuries, countless penalties, and getting routed).  Anything good about BG playing X Week 10 for BG?  No.  For X, sure.  You play Christian County Week 9, X Week 10 and Ohio County Week 11.  Keep playing X - yes, but not Week 10.  You're going into the playoffs like a lead balloon with a hole in it.

St X is a very good team and I hope they win state.  BG made them look like a Super Bowl Championship team.  

This sums it up for me.  The St X radio team kept saying BG looked like they were ready to get back on the bus and head down the expressway IN THE THIRD QUARTER.  They weren't being jerks about it, that's just the way it was.

Disappointed.  I didn't expect a win.  I didn't expect it close.  But I expected better competing.

1 minute ago, Purple88 said:

I'm shocked at this.  Not that St X won or won comfortably, but the way BG lost.  

First play - kickoff - your Senior leader catches it at the 1 with traffic coming.  BG ball first and 10 at the BG 2 against the best defensive team in the state.  That's not smart ever, but especially against a team like X.  And it just kept raining on BG from there.

No points.  BG had good plays and good gains, the majority of which were called back for penalties.  I'm not saying they weren't penalties, I'm saying BG wasn't prepared to make those plays or smart enough to know you don't need to make those penalties.  Many penalties weren't anywhere near the ball.

Anything good to take away from this game for BG?  I say no; nothing (2 significant injuries, countless penalties, and getting routed).  Anything good about BG playing X Week 10 for BG?  No.  For X, sure.  You play Christian County Week 9, X Week 10 and Ohio County Week 11.  Keep playing X - yes, but not Week 10.  You're going into the playoffs like a lead balloon with a hole in it.

St X is a very good team and I hope they win state.  BG made them look like a Super Bowl Championship team.  

This sums it up for me.  The St X radio team kept saying BG looked like they were ready to get back on the bus and head down the expressway.  They weren't being jerks about it, that's just the way it was.

Disappointed.  I didn't expect a win.  I didn't expect it close.  But I expected better competing.

Totally agree.

 

I WANT to play St X. EVERY YEAR. Just not last week of season. 
 

If you want to play tough schedule, good!

 

Just play final week with a team that you feel confident you can win and get your starters off the field. 
 

People say that you can’t predict injuries - true. But, you cut your chances of injuries in half if on last game your athletes only play half the game 

 

Both Purples injuries (Kibawa and Fratus) come late in game when game was already out of reach. 
 

Again, I want to play X - JUST NOT LAST WEEK OF REGULAR SEASON!

  • Author

I'm glad St. X played this game since will get nothing from Southern game next Thursday. BG QB is good but he had receivers dropping balls and was flushed out of pocket some but has speed to avoid rush and nearly impossible to sack.

12 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I'm glad St. X played this game since will get nothing from Southern game next Thursday. BG QB is good but he had receivers dropping balls and was flushed out of pocket some but has speed to avoid rush and nearly impossible to sack.

You couldn’t tell tonight but he’s a great player. Deuce Bailey - Sophomore - high ceiling for sure. 
 

Purples dropped more passes in one game tonight than all other 9 games, combined. 
 

I do think Bailey will get some offers from Power 5 conferences 

Not totally surprising to me. BG was just outmatched. I thought it would be a little closer though. The BG offense just couldn’t do anything. Just a poor performance all around on offense and special teams, IMO.

Bad thing is two fairly big injuries both toward the end of the game. Hope they aren’t serious, but haven’t gotten an update yet.

1 hour ago, Purple88 said:

I'm shocked at this.  Not that St X won or won comfortably, but the way BG lost.  

First play - kickoff - your Senior leader catches it at the 1 with traffic coming.  BG ball first and 10 at the BG 2 against the best defensive team in the state.  That's not smart ever, but especially against a team like X.  And it just kept raining on BG from there.

No points.  BG had good plays and good gains, the majority of which were called back for penalties.  I'm not saying they weren't penalties, I'm saying BG wasn't prepared to make those plays or smart enough to know you don't need to make those penalties.  Many penalties weren't anywhere near the ball.

Anything good to take away from this game for BG?  I say no; nothing (2 significant injuries, countless penalties, and getting routed).  Anything good about BG playing X Week 10 for BG?  No.  For X, sure.  You play Christian County Week 9, X Week 10 and Ohio County Week 11.  Keep playing X - yes, but not Week 10.  You're going into the playoffs like a lead balloon with a hole in it.

St X is a very good team and I hope they win state.  BG made them look like a Super Bowl Championship team.  

This sums it up for me.  The St X radio team kept saying BG looked like they were ready to get back on the bus and head down the expressway IN THE THIRD QUARTER.  They weren't being jerks about it, that's just the way it was.

Disappointed.  I didn't expect a win.  I didn't expect it close.  But I expected better competing.

BG starters were kept in the game way too long too.

and Bg looked like they didn’t want to be there almost at the start of the game.

Refs were awful and were an embarrassment. St. X was the better team so I’m not saying that, but it was such an awful performance by them.

BG’s punter basically gets tackled, gets injured with the ref just standing there and he didn’t call a thing.  

I thought it would go better. In terms of tonight, have to eat my words and say I was wrong about BG passing game. I trust the coaching staff will get it back together. 

This was a really tough match up.  

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.