Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Saint Xavier 31 Bowling Green 0

Featured Replies

BG looked pretty terrible, but I also thought X was very good so I don’t want to discredit that.  I played for Wallace at BG and wish him and X best of luck in the playoffs.

 

I think this game will be more competitive again in the coming years as the young skill players for the Purples grow.  

  • Author

I was wondering why RB Davis Yates who rotates in with other RB didn't play. Courier Journal article said he had toe injury and could be back for 2nd round of playoffs.

Hopefully Teddy Meiers is back for 2nd round playoff game. Coach Wallace alluded to getting some players back for 2nd round so he might be one.

Like the BG fans here, I love the series, and, like them, I don't like it week 10.

Great way to end the season for the Tigers! Hopefully both teams heal up and get ready for big playoff pushes. Tiger run game did what they had to do, and the passing game did just enough. At some point the passing game may have to do more, but the way X runs the ball and plays defense they have the right receipt of balance heading into the playoffs. 

I agree with the feeling of wishing this game was not week 10. Hopefully with the new schedule cycle both schools can find a way to move this game up. 

Hate the regular season ended this way for the Purples.

BUT coach Spader and the team did a phenomenal job of improving each week all season. With that brutal schedule and as young as this BG team is, 8-2 is a great record.

Before the season started I thought there were three guaranteed losses with a 4th definitely a possibility. So great job by all the Purples. Winning three or four playoffs games is not out reach depending if BG plays as well as it can. 

On 10/29/2022 at 9:59 AM, LongTimeReader said:

Great way to end the season for the Tigers! Hopefully both teams heal up and get ready for big playoff pushes. Tiger run game did what they had to do, and the passing game did just enough. At some point the passing game may have to do more, but the way X runs the ball and plays defense they have the right receipt of balance heading into the playoffs. 

I agree with the feeling of wishing this game was not week 10. Hopefully with the new schedule cycle both schools can find a way to move this game up. 

It's kind of funny that in the past when St. X ran the ball well and played good defense, it was never good enough.

  • Author
50 minutes ago, bruin66 said:

It's kind of funny that in the past when St. X ran the ball well and played good defense, it was never good enough.

I think as long as winning nobody cares what you run. The critics show up when you lose. Back in those days Trinity was winning a lot with more passing and St. X was losing with the option offense so the critics blamed the option offense.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.