Jump to content

Owensboro vs. Graves County Predictions/Updates


Red Devils vs. Eagles  

23 members have voted

  1. 1. The winner will be...


This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 11:00 PM

Recommended Posts

6w8uel.thumb.jpg.620682cc91b9545cf536bde7bb065348.jpg

O Welcomes Eagles To Rash For De Facto District Championship Game

Records: Owensboro (5-2) | Graves County (4-3)

BGP Ranking: Owensboro (#8 in 5A)

Series History: Owensboro leads 10-3 all-time 

Table Setter: The Red Devils begin to roust from their hibernation of the last month as Graves County comes to town. It's not that the Eagles are world beaters, but they're a significant step up from the competition Owensboro has seen since the loss to O-Cath. O's last three opponents have put up about as much resistance as the bye week they just had. Kenyata Carbon has averaged nearly sixteen yards per rush and scored eight touchdowns on seventeen carries in those games. 

Graves County has also won three straight following a challenging first few weeks of the season. They've mostly feasted on the same district opponents as Owensboro after losing decisively to the best teams on their schedule - Mayfield, PT, Bullitt East. No surprise there, as we knew there would be growing pains for such an inexperienced squad. The ease of the last three games has allowed quarterback Kaden Gregory to settle into a groove, completing 74% of his passes to several different receivers over that span.

The Red Devils need to tighten things up a little more this week. But the more pressing matter may be, can the Eagles keep pace with Owensboro's plethora of skill people?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is a really interesting game.  We're now easily in range of thinking about the playoffs and this game is basically the District Championship, so huge playoff implications.  I expect Owensboro to take care of business, but Graves could certainly make it a game, even though I don't expect the game to be a 4 Quarter game.

This one will be telling.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Purple88 said:

This is a really interesting game.  We're now easily in range of thinking about the playoffs and this game is basically the District Championship, so huge playoff implications.  I expect Owensboro to take care of business, but Graves could certainly make it a game, even though I don't expect the game to be a 4 Quarter game.

This one will be telling.

I’m with you. I’d like to think O has got it figured out on offense and could get things rolling. At the same time feel like playing who we’ve played these past couple of weeks can give you a false sense of hope also even in blowout victories. This game should be a better gauge. If this game is closer than a 2 scores that spells bad news for the Devils. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I imagine the Eagles are setting pretty much where they expected to be at this point. Very young team that has gotten better as the season has went on. Against Mayfield the defense held on as long as possible, but offense gave Mayfield too many chances by all the 3 and outs. They had Paducah on the ropes and could have stolen the game, but just too many missed opportunities. They clocked McCracken which is now significant after seeing their score with South Warren. Bullet East was the best team on the schedule and it showed. 
 

Since then they have added wins through district play. Many new faces have started showing up on this Eagles offense. The Offense will be the deciding factor on if the Eagles can play with Owensboro, can the offense put together drives and keep the defense off the field? The defense is actually pretty dang good and my Eagles are known to win a game or two they aren’t suppose to each year. They haven’t yet this year. Hopefully, that changes this week.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is basically the same Owensboro team from last year that throttled a much more potent Graves team.  Now is Goodwin back, Pendleton, Johnson?  That matters, as we've seen in the loss to Ocath.  O should humble graves, but they need to prove it on the field and quit believing their own hype.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think that at any point @gcbleedblue was saying that Graves is going to win this game or even keep it that close because lets face it they shouldn't if Owensboro is as good as they are supposed to be.  Heck I believe most of Graves County starting offense doesn't even have a driving license.  Graves is a young team who has improved over the weeks and is developing nicely for yet again a young roster. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, zoneblitz24 said:

I don't think that at any point @gcbleedblue was saying that Graves is going to win this game or even keep it that close because lets face it they shouldn't if Owensboro is as good as they are supposed to be.  Heck I believe most of Graves County starting offense doesn't even have a driving license.  Graves is a young team who has improved over the weeks and is developing nicely for yet again a young roster. 

I agree - and I wasn't addressing his points at all.  Graves is always a tough team and will not lay down.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Owensboro has the weapons they just need to execute ! The defense needs to stop giving up the deep ball and I think with Goodwin back that puts a lot more pressure on Graves . I still think they need to have Carbon on D as well because he’s gonna make plays ….he’s just way to talented .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Red Devil 4 Life said:

Owensboro has the weapons they just need to execute ! The defense needs to stop giving up the deep ball and I think with Goodwin back that puts a lot more pressure on Graves . I still think they need to have Carbon on D as well because he’s gonna make plays ….he’s just way to talented .

I agree Carbon needs to start on Defense. IMO he’s just as important on defense as he is on offense he has a nose for the ball and is a sure tackle. I’d have him start at Corner since that’s been out weak spot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.