Boone County at Highlands Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/07/2022 at 11:00 PM

The Rebels visit Highlands in a district game.  This one looks to be all Birds and should be broadcasted by Highlands.  I will tune in and watch a little but I expect a running clock.  Anyone see anything different happening?

Running clock before the half. This isn’t your daddies Boone Co. I’d like to think the fans realize Coach Owen Hauck had success at Highlands before moving into Boone and having massive success. 

14 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

Running clock before the half. This isn’t your daddies Boone Co. I’d like to think the fans realize Coach Owen Hauck had success at Highlands before moving into Boone and having massive success. 

Coach Hauck is one of the many legendary HHS coaches; I don't think anyone who follows NKY football doesn't know that. I used to have lunch with Coach Hauck at Cobblestone Cafe across from where he lived in Ft. Thomas every now and then. GREAT man who truly always wanted what was best for everyone around him. 

In terms of the game, I hope to see HHS run the concepts that they are going to use against CCH to mastery. I would like to see HHS use this game as a scrimmage towards CCH. Run everything, in all three phases, that you want to use against CCH so that it is second nature by the time 10/14 rolls around. This whole week should be about preparing for CCH and using that preparation as a test run for CCH. See what works and you're comfortable with and then adjust your game plan. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Breds82 said:

Yes, in my head this game is always the Owen Hauck Bowl. 

1 minute ago, Jack of all Trades said:

No need to get to 60 unless JV guys do it.  Use game to work on things and once comfortable get some other guys in the game.

I agree, I think once a coach gets to 60 it deserves some scrutiny of his character and motives.  I realize some teams are really bad and everyone on the field is trying to put their best foot forward but you have to be smart when you are clearly superior.  And once you get to 70, talk to the hand, until you can get to a mirror...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, theguru said:

I agree, I think once a coach gets to 60 it deserves some scrutiny of his character and motives.  I realize some teams are really bad and everyone on the field is trying to put their best foot forward but you have to be smart when you are clearly superior.  And once you get to 70, talk to the hand, until you can get to a mirror...

Are you saying these milestones of 60 and 70 points apply if the starters are out and JV guys drive up the score from the 50s?You can’t tell kids not to score if they get the opportunity to play.

Dale used to get criticized  for this after the starters took showers at half time and the JV team went on to score touchdowns. You can’t coach kids to take a dive for the other teams feelings. No room for participation trophies in varsity football. 

6 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Are you saying these milestones of 60 and 70 points apply if the starters are out and JV guys drive up the score from the 50s?You can’t tell kids not to score if they get the opportunity to play.

Dale used to get criticized  for this after the starters took showers at half time and the JV team went on to score touchdowns. You can’t coach kids to take a dive for the other teams feelings. No room for participation trophies in varsity football. 

Yes, again, when you are clearly superior you have a responsibility as a leader not to run up the score. 

1 minute ago, theguru said:

Yes, again, when you are clearly superior you have a responsibility as a leader not to run up the score. 

So at what point differential would you say you pull the starters and put the JV guys in?