Boone County at Highlands Predictions/Updates

theguru

Who wins?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/07/2022 at 11:00 PM

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

That’s reasonable. So let’s say first play the JV running back takes it to the house. Do you actually tell kids not to score? Or try to call unsuccessful plays? Or just put the slowest kid at running back? I just don’t like the psychological effects on kids of trying to perform worse.

2 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

That’s reasonable. So let’s say first play the JV running back takes it to the house. Do you actually tell kids not to score? Or try to call unsuccessful plays? Or just put the slowest kid at running back? I just don’t like the psychological effects on kids of trying to perform worse.

I think once the JV scores three touchdowns you pull them out and put the 3rd team in. 

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

I think once the JV scores three touchdowns you pull them out and put the 3rd team in. 

Yeah, the other concern is  if JV is successful and then you put in the freshman running back vs big varsity guys is that irresponsible? The little  freshman gets a bad head injury now you’re really looking bad. It’s a harder line to walk than it appears. 

9 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Yeah, the other concern is  if JV is successful and then you put in the freshman running back vs big varsity guys is that irresponsible? The little  freshman gets a bad head injury now you’re really looking bad. It’s a harder line to walk than it appears. 

If you give up three TDs against the JV I am not sure "big varsity guys" is how I would describe them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, theguru said:

If you give up three TDs against the JV I am not sure "big varsity guys" is how I would describe them.

Good point. In general I agree. Running up the the score purposely is a bad look. I am though apprehensive of getting the team conditioned to taking the foot off the gas mid 3rd quarter….

• Like 1

As a guy that was on a team that lost 70-0 pre-running clock era, it wouldn't have mattered if that team played their freshmen to start half time, we wouldn't have scored any way. It took all they had not to score 70. Sometimes it's just a really good program versus a program that had hit rock bottom.

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

Good point. In general I agree. Running up the the score purposely is a bad look. I am though apprehensive of getting the team conditioned to taking the foot off the gas mid 3rd quarter….

The Boone County team I watched last week in the 1st half against CCH is plenty good enough to take it to the Highlands JV so this should not be an issue unless Boone empties the bench. 

35 minutes ago, theguru said:

The Boone County team I watched last week in the 1st half against CCH is plenty good enough to take it to the Highlands JV so this should not be an issue unless Boone empties the bench. 

Boone always has athletes. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 7:29 AM, El Diablo said:

Yes, in my head this game is always the Owen Hauck Bowl. 

As I remember Coach Hauck quit scheduling Highlands at one point. Something to do with a transfer?