Simon Kenton at Dixie Predictions/Updates (10/6)

theguru

Who wins?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/06/2022 at 11:00 PM

2 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Running clock by halftime. If SK runs the ball like they did against Corbin they will tough to stop.

Still need to play defense. They ran well against Corbin and still lost. It is time for SK to stop being concerned about stats and concentrate on getting wins. Dixie is a hot mess lately so they either need to get it together or a running clock might be reality. 

37 minutes ago, bjaynes said:

Still need to play defense. They ran well against Corbin and still lost. It is time for SK to stop being concerned about stats and concentrate on getting wins. Dixie is a hot mess lately so they either need to get it together or a running clock might be reality. 

Did you go to the game? SK played pretty good on defense. 2 scores where on kickoff returns. SK comes into this 3-3. They will be ready for Dixie Thursday night!

Dixie is coming off a brutal stretch of 3 of the best teams in NKY where they showed flashes, but shot themselves in the foot… a lot. Two of the three have really good defenses. I think any Beechwood fan would say halftime 21-7 was a bit closer than they wanted it to be. Berger is going to get his against any team he plays, but outside of him they couldn’t really generate a lot. Seems to be a consensus Dixies discipline issues are indicative of a younger team learning a new system. Dixie recently seemed to be figuring some things out defensively because they forced BW into quite a few fourth down situations. Offensively Dixie did move the ball now that they have added a couple two-way players on that side of the ball. Now, they could only finish once in the second half, but it was a brilliant play where Dixies best wide receiver juked the BW Robinson kid for the TD. They are not without talent. We know SK can put a lot of points on the board really quick, their tempo isn’t as quick as Dixies but it is more efficient, measured, and Crone runs it well. Crone has a great line in front of him and he can make any throw. All of which is nothing new from past seasons. I am just not sold that SK is that much better. SK has a good win at Highlands and were competitive against Corbin. I’m sure I’ll get flack for this but am I wrong to point out that’s really the only two bright spots for SK this season so far? That defense does not have Crone on it and they give up a lot of points. I think SK wins this game to be clear. They are just the better team right now and if they blow out Dixie it wouldn’t be a surprise. However, after a 500-yard output against a really good team in Corbin, maybe SK is ripe for the ol let down game. I think Dixie keeps it respectable if they stay out of their own way and continue to figure things out. This could be Dixies turning point game where the light bulb comes on for Burkes crew at home. 

• Like 4

Wouldn't be surprised if SK had a letdown after that game friday. Those kids laid it all on the line Qb Crone grandfather had passed the night before and the team dedicated that game to him. Very excited to see the sportsmanship SK kids had after the game hanging out and taking pics with our boys, exceptional group of young men!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Did you go to the game? SK played pretty good on defense. 2 scores where on kickoff returns. SK comes into this 3-3. They will be ready for Dixie Thursday night!

Just looking at the body of work in the first 6 games. SK is averaging giving up 26.3 points per game. If they were in the NFL they would sit at 25 out of 32 teams. Every week you seem close to guaranteeing SK victory and that is great because you are probably one of their most loyal fans. But, to win out, and claim the district title which they have a great chance of doing, they need to get that 26.3 average down a bit. Having a healthy Crone is paramount to winning these remaining games but you cannot always rely on the offense every game to carry your team. With Corbin scoring on 2 returns there is obviously some chinks in the special teams armor and because of that SK sits at 3-3. I am just trying to keep it real. One of these games, the young Dixie roster is going to “get it”. It might be next season…..it might be Friday night in Crestview Hills. That is why we play the games. Buckle up. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, WishboneCity said:

I think that SK wins this one, but Thursday night games tend to be a little bit funky. Very surprised that this isn’t on a Friday.

Officials are at a premium, I wonder if that played into this decision. 

• Thanks 1