Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ESPN: Doctors give green light to David Pollack to play football again!

Featured Replies

If he rehabs properly then the doctors say it's ok for him to try and play football again. Just say it come across the bottomline on ESPN. I hope he thinks this through before he makes his decision, and if he does decide to resume then should take it slow and carefully!

Great news for David. I won't read that much into this right now. Wait and see how rehab goes.

Chris Mortonson said the surgery went as good as it could have and that he will return if the doctor clears him, which he should if everything goes well in rehab.

I'd love to see him back, but I still don't expect a return...

I'd love to see him back, but I still don't expect a return...

 

 

Why? On ESPN it sounded like a return is probable. Also, they said he would be able to return for the 07' season.

  • Author

I just hope he doesn't try and rush through a quick rehab. Hopefully he'll be smart about it and take his time.

Why? On ESPN it sounded like a return is probable. Also, they said he would be able to return for the 07' season.

 

 

I think the mental aspect of it all is major issue year as well.

I hope everything goes well, but I'm not expecting him to play again. It's a possibility, but is the risk worth the reward? That's for the Pollack family to decide.

I think the mental aspect of it all is major issue year as well.

 

 

I hope everything goes well, but I'm not expecting him to play again. It's a possibility, but is the risk worth the reward? That's for the Pollack family to decide.

 

 

Two excellent points why we may never see him play again.

 

Glad the surgery was successful.

Good news! It would be great to see him play again.

Get the Man a cowboy collar and lets get to work!

Get the Man a cowboy collar and lets get to work!

 

 

Um not taking a stab at you or anything, but I really don't know what a cowboy collar prevents. I mean looking at the hit he took doesn't seem like anything could have prevented it except for a better form in his tackle. It seems like all they are good for is bending a neck backwards. Basically I want to know what a cowboy collar or a neckroll prevent.

Two excellent points why we may never see him play again.

 

Glad the surgery was successful.

 

 

You guys are missing the point; Pollack said he will only play if the injury does not cause him to be more susceptible to another one, even if it is just 1% more susceptible.

 

The doctors themselves told him, not too many guys walk again after a 2nd broken neck; so if the doctors are clearing him, after successful rehab, then there must be no more chance of a future injury than before the 1st one.

 

Plus, there need be no worries about him rushing anything or making a rash decision; he has said he wants to be able to hug his wife and hold his children in the future and that is the most important thing, as it should be.

  • Author
You guys are missing the point; Pollack said he will only play if the injury does not cause him to be more susceptible to another one, even if it is just 1% more susceptible.

 

The doctors themselves told him, not too many guys walk again after a 2nd broken neck; so if the doctors are clearing him, after successful rehab, then there must be no more chance of a future injury than before the 1st one.

 

Plus, there need be no worries about him rushing anything or making a rash decision; he has said he wants to be able to hug his wife and hold his children in the future and that is the most important thing, as it should be.

 

 

No apparently you're missing the pint. There is never going to be a guarantee from anyone that this injury couldn't happen again while playing football, doctors can't even say that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.