Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie at Highlands Predictions/Updates

Who wins? 54 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 09/23/2022 at 10:59 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

The Colonels visit Fort Thomas after a bye week and the Bluebirds won a marathon game in Union last night over Ryle.

Will Dixie be able to compete with Highlands or will this one be all Bluebirds?

The game should be a free stream on the Highlands Broadcasting Network. 

  • Replies 91
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Throwing isn't bad... catching the ball however, is an issue. 

  • Colonels_Wear_Blue
    Colonels_Wear_Blue

    Lol, I'm not French ? I generally root for the underdog, in most cases. And as a Cov Cath grad, I like Pat Burke and am hopeful about the direction he'll move Dixie in, so I'd say I'm rooting for

  • I think the Birds have found their stride at least on offense, and I don't think Dixie can score enough to beat them. 

10 hours ago, theguru said:

The Colonels visit Fort Thomas after a bye week and the Bluebirds won a marathon game in Union last night over Ryle.

Will Dixie be able to compete with Highlands or will this one be all Bluebirds?

The game should be a free stream on the Highlands Broadcasting Network. 

If dixie plays their studs both sides of the ball, they can win for sure. Dixie has been in every game except the cov cath game, and they just waxed Beechwood. So cov cath is the best in nky in my opinion. Highlands is not cov cath, so this will be closer than many think. 

There will be some energy and emotion flowing in this game after the way last year's game ended.

Dixie wants to snap the ball within 10 seconds of the ball being dead. How will that effect the Birds conditioning wise? It was brought up in the Ryle thread that the Birds were sucking wind.

I believe the Birds will win, but both teams need to keep cool heads.

How did last years game end for us that don't follow either team regularly. Thanks

9 hours ago, B0bbyB0ucher said:

If dixie plays their studs both sides of the ball, they can win for sure. Dixie has been in every game except the cov cath game, and they just waxed Beechwood. So cov cath is the best in nky in my opinion. Highlands is not cov cath, so this will be closer than many think. 

True. But if Highlands gives the ball more to their Studs its the difference in the Ballgame. I believe Highlands is built better this year from top to bottom than Dixie. One person’s opinion over another. Should be a entertaining game to watch. 

Birds win by three scores. 

8 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

There will be some energy and emotion flowing in this game after the way last year's game ended.

For sure. Especially bringing Rice to Ft Thomas the next morning and using him as their QB when the Night before he played every snap at DT and TE. I wonder if he plays this coming Sat too?

1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

Birds win by three scores. 

I think I agree with you. Dixie has some nice Athletes but just as many as Highlands this year. It happens.

Just now, BirdDaddy said:

I think I agree with you. Dixie has some nice Athletes but just as many as Highlands this year. It happens.

I think the Birds have found their stride at least on offense, and I don't think Dixie can score enough to beat them. 

5 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I think the Birds have found their stride at least on offense, and I don't think Dixie can score enough to beat them. 

I guess time will tell. Highlands seems to be getting a little better each week. Special teams are definitely much improved but still have a ways to go. DB’s are Highlands weakest spot. Just not enough Depth there. That will cost them.

I saw where Highlands was using the Haas kid yesterday at Receiver in JV action while waiting for our MS game to start. He is the soph backup QB. I remember when that kid was younger playing DB on Defense. He was good and didn't miss tackles. Wonder if he could help over on Defense? Would be a quick way to get on the Field too. Have to start moving your Athletes around to help your program. Just has to happen. 

  • Author

How well does Dixie throw the ball?

1 hour ago, theguru said:

How well does Dixie throw the ball?

Throwing isn't bad... catching the ball however, is an issue. 

I agree that Highlands offense seems to be settling in. They basically did what they wanted to do, especially in the second and third quarters against Ryle and their QB looked comfortable. The Bluebird defense still has some work to do for sure. This is a good week for their D to get better against a struggling offense. Last year’s game and the way it ended is a nothing burger, pressure did not allow the QB to get off a good throw, and the ref on highlands sideline was clearly running in and pointing to the ground, indicating he was blowing the play dead after the interception. Dixie was just a better team that night for once.

If Dixie has a shot it's that they have, at times, shown flashes of brilliance on defense, and their special teams have been doing well. It’s the only reason they have been in games. Their defenses lack of discipline has been one of the reasons they weren’t 3-0 going into last week. They are finally relatively healthy and word is that CovCath finally dropped their grieved status on the kid who transferred. Dixies offense has got to sustain drives to keep their defense fresh to have any chance in this game. Looking at the calls for Dixie to mix and match up their O-lineman aren’t watching the same game I am. There is WAY more going wrong for their offense than the line. We all saw against CovCath skill players fighting each other on the sideline, and the week prior at Connor the Oline did just fine. There will be growing pains starting younger QBs. I think Dixie has a chance of moving the ball against the Birds this week. Just not to the level they need too. I’m sure Dixie worked on their issues over the bye, so this game may be more competitive than folks think. But Dixie is such a roller coaster in four games that picking them feels wrong here. Would not surprise me if Dixie wins, just don’t see it happening this week. 

15 hours ago, Finkle Ray said:

Throwing isn't bad... catching the ball however, is an issue. 

Very true! Dixie has way too many drops. Plus Dixie's o-line is suspect. It doesn't have to be, but the platoon system is just not working for the o-line. Bring some of the d-line over and let them play both ways. Then I feel Dixie can move the ball. I believe their d-line is all 3 seniors and have played o-line as well. All 3 are gifted athletes, and are bulldogs. They need their dogs in the trenches on both sides. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.