Big East wins the Bowl Challenge Cup

rltrace

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The score was no indication of how close the game was.

You have to take into consideration this is coming from a guy who's football team's fan base says they are "closing the gap" after losing by 31 points in the first game of the year...;)

What a ridiculous statement. Louisville, for one, would be happy to schedule any of the 'big boys' in the Big Ten or SEC. But none of them would give the Cards a game. I wonder why that is. Too busy crowing about how great they are I guess.

:dancingpa

Let's think about it for a minute. Three of the five winners were replacement teams from the "lowly" CUSA who were brought in because the "mighty" ACC wanted to get fat in football. We are going to take a lot of pride in what has happened over the last two years, and there is nothing anyone can do to change that. UL and UC worked for DECADES to get what we have now, and we're here to stay. Deal with it...

Let's think about it for a minute. Three of the five winners were replacement teams from the "lowly" CUSA who were brought in because the "mighty" ACC wanted to get fat in football. We are going to take a lot of pride in what has happened over the last two years, and there is nothing anyone can do to change that. UL and UC worked for DECADES to get what we have now, and we're here to stay. Deal with it...

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

'Nuff said.

Nah, Grandpa Brooks just has him brainwashed. :lol:

Don't get me wrong I think UK is going to be a pretty good team next season. If UL doesn't return Brohm or Bush, then UK has a very good shot in that game. Either or both of them there makes the road much harder.

Of course at the same time since we are talking about the hypotheticals here like "If any of the Big East teams played in the SEC or Big-10 they wouldn't have been bowl eligible," we could just as rationally say (since there is no way it could have happened) "If those Big East teams had worn flippers and put on Mooby suits and played in the AFC north then they never would have been bowl eligible."

While some may lambast me for such a ludicrous statement, which it most certainly is, the fact is that neither of those could have happened this past season the way things are set up. Therefore there is no way to know what would have happened and such comparisons are just there to salve the egos of those who cannot stomach the idea of a team (or conference) that they have an irrational hatred for doing well. For those incapable of following this train of logic (the layman,as it were) it boils down to, it couldn't happen so why mention it.

Of course anyone would be hard pressed to convince me that "hatred" over a sporting event is a rational course of action befitting those who presume to call themselves human beings. Now if the aforementioned actions are there just to rankle or get under the skin of a rival then by all means, good natured ribbing is fun. On the other hand if it is a matter of pride over teams who are "not worthy" by old money standards then I stand by the statements made earlier.

Concordantly, in order to answer for it prior to someone bringing it to my attention; Yes I am pompous and arrogant.