Big East wins the Bowl Challenge Cup

rltrace

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's much harder for the power conferences to win the bowl challenge cup. I don't think any Big East fan would dispute that Florida would beat Wake, LSU would beat Georgia Tech, Arkansas would beat Kansas St., Auburn would beat Western Michigan and Tennessee would beat East Carolina. If they do dispute it, get out the sodium pentathol.

Nevertheless it is neat when your school's conference wins all of its bowl games, whether favorite or not.

Arkansas was better than Wisconsin, but couldn't prove it on the field. A lot like how Clemson was beaten by UK. Rutgers was able to get over the disappointment of dropping from the Orange Bowl to the Texas Bowl, but those teams couldn't take care of business. Would and should are two different things.

Arkansas was better than Wisconsin, but couldn't prove it on the field. A lot like how Clemson was beaten by UK. Rutgers was able to get over the disappointment of dropping from the Orange Bowl to the Texas Bowl, but those teams couldn't take care of business. Would and should are two different things.

You're not comparing Kansas St. to Wisconsin are you?:confused:

You're not comparing Kansas St. to Wisconsin are you?:confused:
What I'm comparing is 'would' and 'should.' Also pointing out that the situation matters- Rutgers was able to shrug off the fact that tehy got bumped from the Orange Bowl to the Texas Bowl in an overtime loss, and beat their opponent. There were plenty of teams this bowl season that proved they weren't that mentally tough.

And don't act like Arkansas would have been invincible against K-State. Arkansas barely squeaked by Bama.

Did I feel that the Big East bowl schedule was weak? Yes.

Did I feel that every game the Big East played in the bowl season should have been won by the Big East? Yes.

Big East can't schedule the games, I'm sure they would have wanted to play in more quality bowls. The Big East is lossing their label (Big Least). They gained my respect in this bowl season, as I am sure they gained more respect with the bowl committee. I'm sure with the same results next season the Big East will get in better bowls.

Congrats to the Big East and heres to hoping for more of the same.

Did I feel that the Big East bowl schedule was weak? Yes.

Did I feel that every game the Big East played in the bowl season should have been won by the Big East? Yes.

Big East can't schedule the games, I'm sure they would have wanted to play in more quality bowls. The Big East is lossing their label (Big Least). They gained my respect in this bowl season, as I am sure they gained more respect with the bowl committee. I'm sure with the same results next season the Big East will get in better bowls.

Congrats to the Big East and heres to hoping for more of the same.

:ylsuper: :ylsuper:

What I'm comparing is 'would' and 'should.' Also pointing out that the situation matters- Rutgers was able to shrug off the fact that tehy got bumped from the Orange Bowl to the Texas Bowl in an overtime loss, and beat their opponent. There were plenty of teams this bowl season that proved they weren't that mentally tough.

Congrats to the Big East, the best bowl conference in America for 2006-2007!:thumb:

And don't act like Arkansas would have been invincible against K-State. Arkansas barely squeaked by Bama.

Congrats to Rutgers on beating 7-5 K-State. Comparing Arkansas' week 4 game against Alabama is laughable. I've now heard it all. :lol:

Once again, it is impressive to win all of your bowl games, but when the "toughest" opponent is Wake Forest at #15 (and the only ranked team) it puts things in perspective.

Congrats to the Big East, the best bowl conference in America for 2006-2007!:thumb:

Congrats to Rutgers on beating 7-5 K-State. Comparing Arkansas' week 4 game against Alabama is laughable. I've now heard it all. :lol:

Once again, it is impressive to win all of your bowl games, but when the "toughest" opponent is Wake Forest at #15 (and the only ranked team) it puts things in perspective.

For most people.:devil:

Congrats Big East. People can argue, but when you win all five games regardless of whether you were supposed to or not, you still done all that was asked. BEAST is one of the most up and coming football conferences in America. After losing VT, Miami, and BC, I thought they would be through, however with Rutgers success, and the play of Louisville and WV leading the way, I think the BEAST is here to stay.