Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 41 Simon Kenton 0 (JV)

Featured Replies

Highlands used 3 different QB’s and 14  Freshman mixed in with Sophomores and Juniors to what appears dominate the Pioneers. I truly can’t believe the drop off in talent in the JV level with these large schools. Good showing by the Birds!

#SCIT

8 minutes ago, TEDFROMVILLAHILLS said:

Highlands used 3 different QB’s and 14  Freshman mixed in with Sophomores and Juniors to what appears dominate the Pioneers. I truly can’t believe the drop off in talent in the JV level with these large schools. Good showing by the Birds!

#SCIT

SK played several Freshman lastnight.

Photo Credit to Wayne Litmer and MaxPreps:

waynemax1.jpg

So when does the week begin and end. With KHSAA rules allowing only 8 quarters per week for an individual player. Freshman QB and RB and? played in Thursdays freshman game, then Fridays varsity game, then AND Saturdays JV game? I'm no math major but seems like more than 8 quarters to me. 

46 minutes ago, 859sports said:

So when does the week begin and end. With KHSAA rules allowing only 8 quarters per week for an individual player. Freshman QB and RB and? played in Thursdays freshman game, then Fridays varsity game, then AND Saturdays JV game? I'm no math major but seems like more than 8 quarters to me. 

Played? Or dressed? I am assuming the QB you are referring too is Litmer and I don’t recall him ever stepping foot on the field on Friday.

1 hour ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Played? Or dressed? I am assuming the QB you are referring too is Litmer and I don’t recall him ever stepping foot on the field on Friday.

He did not play on Friday. With that said, there was no reason for him to play JV either. Let the other 2 QBs get work as they will be the 2 that will be needed from a backup perspective. If Litmer plays any JV it should be on defense. 

2 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

So is this reference just someone trying to poke the Bird?

Would anyone really do that? Shocker, lol.

2 hours ago, 859sports said:

So when does the week begin and end. With KHSAA rules allowing only 8 quarters per week for an individual player. Freshman QB and RB and? played in Thursdays freshman game, then Fridays varsity game, then AND Saturdays JV game? I'm no math major but seems like more than 8 quarters to me. 

Starts on Friday's each week. No Freshman played on Friday against Simon Kenton. Highlands had a kid last year in James who only had 2 quarters available come the Freshman game later in the week against Beechwood and the Staff decided to sit him out all together. They could of used him for those 2 quarters. They lost the game and their RB to a Collarbone injury and then didn't have a True RB to finish. I'm guessing the Coaching Staff is well aware of Quarters played and Quarters available and that won't happen again. At least this year they have Depth at RB on the Freshman level. But to answer your question, quarters start on Friday Night.

48 minutes ago, BirdDaddy said:

Starts on Friday's each week. No Freshman played on Friday against Simon Kenton. Highlands had a kid last year in James who only had 2 quarters available come the Freshman game later in the week against Beechwood and the Staff decided to sit him out all together. They could of used him for those 2 quarters. They lost the game and their RB to a Collarbone injury and then didn't have a True RB to finish. I'm guessing the Coaching Staff is well aware of Quarters played and Quarters available and that won't happen again. At least this year they have Depth at RB on the Freshman level. But to answer your question, quarters start on Friday Night.

Is this the reason you guys lost to Beechwood? 

1 hour ago, FrankNicodemus said:

So is this reference just someone trying to poke the Bird?

I think someone is just trying to Poke the Bird.

1 hour ago, Blueboy11 said:

Is this the reason you guys lost to Beechwood? 

Nope. Just would of been nice to get him his Reps. They lost because they were outplayed. Nothing more nothing less.

3 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Played? Or dressed? I am assuming the QB you are referring too is Litmer and I don’t recall him ever stepping foot on the field on Friday.

I was actually referring to SK freshman QB. Not Bluebirds. Pretty sure he played vs Ryle Thursday, then only read he was in varsity game Friday, then was told he played JV on Saturday.  But was only a question, based on what I was told. 

4 hours ago, 859sports said:

I was actually referring to SK freshman QB. Not Bluebirds. Pretty sure he played vs Ryle Thursday, then only read he was in varsity game Friday, then was told he played JV on Saturday.  But was only a question, based on what I was told. 

Played 3 or 4 plays varsity. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.