Garrard County at Danville Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Garrard County travels to Danville this Saturday to take on the Admirals in the second game of a doubleheader. Danville looked fast and athletic, but undisciplined, against Lincoln County last Friday. The Golden Lions need to prioritize limiting #14 D. Brown if they want to stay competitive in this game.

• Thanks 1

• theguru changed the title to Garrard County at Danville Predictions/Updates

Garrard county needs to keep Brown and Trumbo in check. I'm sure Coach Hester will have his defense up for the challenge. I still think Danville wins 28-14. Danville is very undisciplined and out of shape but Garrard don't have the athletes. 

Does Danville not have anyone in their program that can stretch the field and throw the football?  #14 won't last all season running wildcat.  He was banged up against Lincoln Co. Friday.

21 hours ago, Statsdontlie said:

Garrard county needs to keep Brown and Trumbo in check. I'm sure Coach Hester will have his defense up for the challenge. I still think Danville wins 28-14. Danville is very undisciplined and out of shape but Garrard don't have the athletes. 

After watching that game against Somerset I worry about Garrard's ability to move the ball and put points on the board. 

Danville will win this one but their line play isn't what it's been in the past.  One game means little and they could improve but they have enough weapons to beat Garrard.  I think it will be a fight though.  Lincoln put up 300 yards of offense on Danville mostly by running right at them.  Not sure if Garrard can do the same but we will see. 

Ads need to improve overall but especially the OL/DL. They definitely need to condition, condition and condition. Lineman don’t stay with blocking assignments after step or two. Defensively they are decent up front but get tired quickly. I agree they need to find somebody that can throw the ball. How about the water boys? Lol they have weapons at receiver just gotta get the ball to them. That being said Lions just can’t catch Brown.

Danville 35 Lions 21

The biggest concern with Danville is always speed, especially early. It is so hard to replicate that in practice. Garrard will also need to do a better job sustaining drives. They out-gained Somerset but couldn’t keep the offense on the field consistently.

• Like 1

I think this will be a sneaky competitive game. After getting to watch Garrard and Danville both last week, I’m falling on who wins the line of scrimmage. I think Garrard has an advantage on the line on both sides of the ball. Garrard has to sustain their drives and protect the football. For Danville, you have an absolute stud in Brown who will be the best player on the field and who can score at anytime. 

That being said, if Garrard limits Danville’s big plays I think they can pull it off. Danville was undisciplined and very very fatigued against Lincoln last week. If the Golden Lions can keep it close until the 4th quarter I think they pull it out. 

Garrard 28 Danville 21

• Like 2

Danville always has speed and that’s something you just can’t teach or replicate that will probably be enough to beat Garrard. They may keep it close for a half maybe 3 quarter but Danville will do what they normally do and just find a way to win like they did last week against Lincoln.

Danville 35

Garrard  20

Just because nobody else....I'll do it. 

Garrard County 28 

Danville 20 

Two TOs in the second half help Garrard pull off the huge upset. Coach Crutchfield gets a signature career win here. 

You heard it here first! 

• Like 2