Bowling Green 23 North Hardin 14

A win is a win.  I’ll just leave it at that. Just taking it week by week.

This has a feeling of 2021 version 2.0.

I said 7-3 would probably be what BG’s record would be with this schedule and that would good.

Now I’m thinking 6-4.

• Like 1

One thing I can say about BG no matter if there down in talent or coming into a yr after losing a big senior class. They will be physical they will compete and their Defense will be solid. 

• Like 4

North Hardin has some good athletes on their team and big, physical lines and that makes it tough on you.  But they are pretty one dimensional on offense and that hurts them, as I thought BG did a good job of making defensive adjustments and containing the Trojans rushing attack, except for the long TD run by #3, who is a terrific player.

Good luck to North the rest of the way.  I see them beating Desales, Apollo, John Hardin, Meade County, and Barren County.  I see them losing to Manual and Boyle County.  I think the games versus Central Hardin and maybe Ballard as toss-ups.  If they win their toss-ups, they'd be 7-3 and that would be a super year for a team that lost about 40 players the last 2 seasons.

For the Purples, there's definitely some good and some gotta work on some things.  

The defense was really good, except for the one long run right before the half.  I guess that was just a lost containment issue.  I thought Coach Glass did a great job of substitutions on that DLine and they held up pretty well against a big North OLine.  It sure helped having Nyembo and Kibawa back in the defensive effort.  They made alot of plays, as did the LBs Fant and Napier.  Really good effort for the defense.

The Purples offense had some bright spots, first was offensive player of the game RB Javen Huddleston, who ran better than I've ever seen him before.  The OLine for the most part did a very good job and much better than last year.  I thought QB Deuce Bailey played great.  He had a few key runs and some nice throws.  But the Purples receivers were a bit hit and miss, except for Easton Barlow, who was making plays all over the field.  There were some longer balls that IMO could/should have been caught.  I would love to see the official tally of receptions vs how many Deuce threw.

Compared to last year, this is MUCH better and the Purples are better this year IMO.  How much better?  I think it's still playing out.  At least 3 starters were out tonight.  Need those guys back for the depth alone.

As @Killowatt59said, its game by game with this team.  And as @BillNyesaid, It's amazing what running the ball can do.  I think tonight proved BG must run the ball at least some.  That may be easier said vs some teams,  but passing to set up the run can also work.  And this offensive line showed promise tonight.  I'd still like to see more athletic Purple WRs get more snaps when it matters.  Not sure why that is so hard, but it appears to be right now. 

Anyway, 1 and 0 is alot better than 0 and 1.  Go Purples!

• Like 2

I can’t add to @Purple88 (great write up).  I’ll just say North Hardin was a lot better than I had pictured but to me BG always seemed composed and never showed bad body language.  Deuce seemed like he knew and expected to win.  Still great defense despite the big one before half.  Deuces speed and athleticism reminds me of a young Gavin Wimsatt.

I still expect the purples to roll into Boyle 4-0.  And I think North Hardin will be a lot better than expected.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Brown said:

I can’t add to @Purple88 (great write up).  I’ll just say North Hardin was a lot better than I had pictured but to me BG always seemed composed and never showed bad body language.  Deuce seemed like he knew and expected to win.  Still great defense despite the big one before half.  Deuces speed and athleticism reminds me of a young Gavin Wimsatt.

I still expect the purples to roll into Boyle 4-0.  And I think North Hardin will be a lot better than expected.

As far as 4-0. PRP won't be a picnic. BG beat them 7-0 last year and I think PRP is better. Certainly will help that BG playing at home in that game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tigerpride94 said:

As far as 4-0. PRP won't be a picnic. BG beat them 7-0 last year and I think PRP is better. Certainly will help that BG playing at home in that game.

Good Point 94!  PRP will have a very good offense with a 3 or 4 year starter at QB and a D1 WR or 2.  

But it is also fair to say that this BG game with be PRP's first road game of the year and BG ain't Valley or Doss.

• Like 1