Dixie 13 Lloyd 12

The last part of this game was each team trying to hand the victory to the other. One mistake after another by both teams. Penalties. Confusion on the sidelines and in play calling for both teams.

Dixie has the ball around their own 15 with 2:31 to go and punts the ball. Lloyd runs the ball three plays in a row and has to punt. Dixie used their last two timeouts. Lloyd lines up to punt at the Dixie 45 with about a minute to go. Low snap and the punter can't get the punt off. Dixie takes over at the Lloyd 43(?) with no timeouts left. Dixie runs the ball right up the middle on first down and Hinkle scores. 

Both pass offenses looked very suspect. Lloyd has some good size up front. They actually looked bigger than Dixie at the line. As the score might indicate, I would say Lloyd looked better than most expected and Dixie looked worse than most expected.

• Thanks 2

The first half was all Lloyd with long drives that took a lot of time off the clock. Dixie's offense could not get anything going for the first two quarters. Lloyd had a change at QB I think due to injury maybe that is why their passing offense was less than stellar. Dixies adjustments at the half helped them out and they got their running game going which led to their first passing score. Lloyd continued to run the ball effectively keeping Dixies offense on the sideline. Credit Dixies defense with being on the field for a long time and coming up with timely stops to prevent Lloyd from putting the game away. Lloyd just looked like they ran out of gas at the end and gave up a long running touchdown giving Dixie the lead. It wasn't pretty at all for either team. Observation for me is that Lloyd is way better than last year, and Dixie is very young and undisciplined. Offensive penalties have to be cleaned up by Dixie. Congrats to Coach Burke on his first victory at the helm. 

• Thanks 2

Couldn’t agree more with the posts. 
Lloyd has a few really good athletes that are promising 7, 4 and 21.  They are confident and play hard.

For Dixie Luke Roarden had a solid game at D End, and Rice may prove to be one of the areas best pass rushers with 6 hurries, that kept Lloyd on their heals in the passing game. After graduating 22 this is what I expected.  Dixie is young.

Both teams should grow and get better.

• Like 4

Just now, Daddy said:

Lloyd has a few really good athletes that are promising 7, 4 and 21.  They are confident and play hard.

For Dixie Luke Roarden had a solid game at D End, and Rice may prove to be one of the areas best pass rushers with 6 hurries, that kept Lloyd on their heals in the passing game. After graduating 22 this is what I expected.  Dixie is young.

Well said. Welcome to BGP!

13 minutes ago, Daddy said:

Welcome to BGP @Daddy!

Hearing Dixie was short a linebacker in this game. Apparently CovCath is fighting the transfer of a kid from them to Dixie. I hope they get that resolved soon the kid is a senior. Drama between the red/blue colonels.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Finkle Ray said:

Hearing Dixie was short a linebacker in this game. Apparently CovCath is fighting the transfer of a kid from them to Dixie. I hope they get that resolved soon the kid is a senior. Drama between the red/blue colonels.

With that player a senior, I hope Cov Cath let's him go.  Based on how they handled a similar situation last year, they won't let the player play for them this year anyway.

3 hours ago, Finkle Ray said:

There is no ‘fighting a transfer’. The kid either played varsity or he didn’t. If he played varsity, he is ineligible for one calendar year from that date unless they meet certain criteria like change of address. 

The address of the player wouldn't be an issue in this circumstance. So the one year rule would make more sense if you are correct there isn't anything in motion to prevent the kid from suiting up.