“Kentucky High School Scoreboard Show” IS NO MORE

I enjoyed the theory of it but the hosts had little knowledge of who was good and who was bad. The year Shawnee started 4-0 and DeSales was like 1-3 (with losses to powerhouses) and DeSales beat them, the hosts described it as the biggest upset in the state that evening. Come on, now. 

23 minutes ago, Killowatt59 said:

I did the exact same thing.

38 minutes ago, BEChargers said:

Dang, I hate to hear this.  I used to scan the dial looking for affiliates while traveling home from away games.  I really enjoyed the show. 

Man, like you guys, I hate to hear this.  I've listened to countless shows and always looked forward to tuning in on my 2 hour ride home to Louisville.  I will miss it.  While they weren't BGP level, they were humble, kind and always made you glad you were a Kentucky High School Football fan after I got done listening to it.  It had to take alot of time to line all those calls up to the coaches.  That was my favorite part of the show.

After going to a BG game I'd be riding home and hear from another game from another part of the state.  Those coaches interview were always interesting to hear.  I hope someone else picks it up.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Roundsteak said:

It will be missed. Another tradition that's gone away. From lack of coverage in the Louisville newspaper it's hard to keep up with scores and stats. 

I don't blame anyone or any entity for a lack of coverage, there is no money in it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Looks like @teeroy going to fill some of the vaccum.

That's cool and I appreciate the effort. I guess that's 2022 version of the radio score recap. But I will really miss not being able to turn on the radio after I left a game to listen to what happened around the state. 

• Like 3

I will miss KY High School scoreboard show on Friday nights for sure.  Sad to see it go.  Will try to do the Twitter Space tonight for a few minutes to see how it goes.  Going to be a learning experience with the technology.

• Like 5

On 8/19/2022 at 11:59 AM, Tigerpride94 said:

Looks like @teeroy going to fill some of the vaccum.

Had fun last night on Twitter Space. Will try it again tonight at 10 PM @teeroyhowell listeners spoke about what happened at games they attended.

• Like 1