Stoops vs. Calipari

MaddenCurse44

3 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

The Cal regime has been waiting for your thread.  Shocked it took so many days.

1) Calipari didn't say "strictly".

2) Calipari isn't wrong in what he said, but I wouldn't have gone that route.

3) Almost wouldn't have surprised me if Stoops and Calipari are both frustrated with Barnhart and they secretly whipped up this stupid drama for the media to run with it so that both programs could get what they wanted.

Much ado about nothing from Calipari and Stoops. Barnhart on the other hand, he's done a great job building the sports programs but I'm starting to wonder if it's time for someone else to take what he's accomplished and move on.

So let’s put all the blame on Barnhart and deflect from Cal’s distasteful and disconcerting comments about Ky. Athletics! Thought that was going to be the case.

9 minutes ago, nikeman49 said:

So let’s put all the blame on Barnhart and deflect from Cal’s distasteful and disconcerting comments about Ky. Athletics! Thought that was going to be the case.

You sure do have a way of spinning things.

Calipari isn't wrong in what he said.  He's correct.  However, I wouldn't have gone that route to get his point across.  i literally said, "I wouldn't have gone that route".  

I'm not sure where in my post I said this was all Barnhart's fault.  I'm not even sure that's you spinning something as much as it is, you just making stuff up.  But, as for Barnhart, his handling of NIL and his take on alcohol at games is largely why I feel the way I feel about him.

7 minutes ago, nikeman49 said:

Let's be real. Short of everyone doing a 10-day excoriation and the public demanding Calipari be prosecuted, I'm not sure you would have found an acceptable response to the situation, while ignoring the darts pointed in his direction this past week. Back on planet Earth, everyone is recounting exactly what happened:

1) Calipari bought a match for some dynamite.

2) Stoops used the match to light the dynamite.

3) Barnhart held scissors to cut the fuse, but instead put lighter fluid on the flame.

But what gets lost in this analogy is that the dynamite is actually a bottle rocket that will soon come fluttering to the ground.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nikeman49 said:

Stoops did exactly what he should have done, defend his program, wouldn’t have had to do that if very inappropriate comments hadn’t been made, so why add Stoops in this mix?

He's part of the story.

Leaving out and/or adding in things to a narrative is disingenuous.  Most people know that.

What Calipari said was accurate, but he is an idiot for saying it.  Very dumb move.

What Stoops said wasn't really accurate, but I understand why he said it.  Still dumb to say it.

What Barnhart said should not have been stated publicly, but I also get his frustration.  Still dumb to say it.

Essentially, you have 3 guys here who should have just shut their mouths.  

That said, I couldn't care less about it.  I'm fine with all 3 men in the positions they're in.  This doesn't change any of that.

1 hour ago, Randy Parker said:

What Calipari said was accurate, but he is an idiot for saying it.  Very dumb move.

What Stoops said wasn't really accurate, but I understand why he said it.  Still dumb to say it.

What Barnhart said should not have been stated publicly, but I also get his frustration.  Still dumb to say it.

Essentially, you have 3 guys here who should have just shut their mouths.  

That said, I couldn't care less about it.  I'm fine with all 3 men in the positions they're in.  This doesn't change any of that.

Pretty much right on the money, all 3 of them handled it poorly, Cal’s arrogance got him in trouble AGAIN, Stoops should’ve just called Cal and ripped his behind between them and Barnhart was unprofessional for airing his opinion in public, he too, should’ve talked to them both in private!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

He's part of the story.

Leaving out and/or adding in things to a narrative is disingenuous.  Most people know that.

Trying to defend Cal in this situation is what most people know better than to do also, most people know that.

35 minutes ago, nikeman49 said:

Trying to defend Cal in this situation is what most people know better than to do also, most people know that.

Correct. And we are at zero people "defending" Calipari. Your rationale is that since people are not calling for him to be terminated, then they must be defending him.

Defending Calipari would mean people are in support of his actions/words and how he went about things. Again, zero people. Stating that his actions/words might be true but that they disapprove how he did it is not defending Calipari. It is framing a story.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, nikeman49 said:

I'm not sure how many times I need to say it, but will for a third time...

I wouldn't have gone the route that Calipari went. If that's defending, it's a really good thing I decided against law school.

• Like 1