Bardstown at Greenwood Predictions/Updates

Tigers vs. Gators  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the bigger bite?

• Bardstown Tigers
    • Greenwood Gators

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/19/2022 at 11:00 PM

6pwzzy.thumb.jpg.1d66fc910399bd58f1f82d83d900ffc1.jpg

Tigers and Gators sink their teeth into Week 1

Records: Season opener for both

Series History: First ever meeting? 

Table Setter: It's not often a program can turn the page on a Division 1 quarterback and still maintain realistic championship goals. Such is the case for Bardstown, who graduated the great Brady Clark, but returns the players responsible for the lion's share of the leg work from last year's offense. TJ Greenwell, Shannon Tonge, and Tyleeq Williams give the Tigers perhaps the most explosive trio of skill people in 3A. All three star on defense, as well. The pieces appear in place to rank the Tigers among 3A's best again.

Speaking of defense, Greenwood will lean on that unit while the offense gels after losing most of its production, save for leading rusher Tel Tel Long. Linebacker Lofton Howard (97 tackles/11 TFL/6 sacks) is committed to WKU and leads what should be a very good defensive side for the Gators. All together, they only lose a couple of starters from that unit. If the offense comes on, Greenwood could be formidable this year. Will it be enough to compete with Bowling Green and South Warren? An impressive showing against Bardstown would at least have people talking about the Gators.

• Thanks 1

This is a really interesting game.  Bardstown should have a good season.  Wondering who their QB will be.  Will they be balanced and throw as much as run?  Against a pretty good Gator defense, that will likely be important.

Greenwood should have pretty good squad too.  The Lofton kid should have a great year.  I look for him to get some snaps on offense too.  Good game here.

10 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

If Bardstown can’t win this game they are not a contender for state.

I disagree. Breaking in a new QB on the road against a tough defense opening week is hard to do. A loss wouldn’t change my mind on Bardstown at all. 

On 8/14/2022 at 11:27 AM, Purple88 said:

This is a really interesting game.  Bardstown should have a good season.  Wondering who their QB will be.  Will they be balanced and throw as much as run?  Against a pretty good Gator defense, that will likely be important.

Greenwood should have pretty good squad too.  The Lofton kid should have a great year.  I look for him to get some snaps on offense too.  Good game here.

The quarterback is Brayden Clark. No relation to Brady. He is a senior who has been waiting in the wings literally for three seasons. While he is certainly not Brady Clark, Brayden was a starting outside linebacker, he is capable, smart, has attended a lot of camps, and he knows that his team is good enough that he doesn’t have to necessarily win the game, he just doesn’t need to lose it. He has made some very good throws and overall looked very solid in scrimmages against Bell County and Danville.

• Like 2

On 8/14/2022 at 9:48 AM, DevilMayCare said:

6pwzzy.thumb.jpg.1d66fc910399bd58f1f82d83d900ffc1.jpg

Tigers and Gators sink their teeth into Week 1

Records: Season opener for both

Series History: First ever meeting? 

It is indeed the first meeting between the two. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JellyRoll said:

Is Greenwoods defense pretty good or is the Bardstown O struggling?

I'm getting my updates from social media, so I couldn't tell you.

Bardstown just scored on a 23 yard run from Tyleeq Williams.

Tigers leading 7-0 with 6:35 to go in the 3Q.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JellyRoll said:

Is Greenwoods defense pretty good or is the Bardstown O struggling?

I think defense is the strength of this years Gators team.  LB Howard has a scholarship offer to WKU and is a fine player.