Oct 7 - BYE
Oct 14 vs. Highlands (District)
Oct 21 vs. Conner (District)
Oct 28 at Ryle

FScexGNWYAA-gDT.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Cov Cath is 0-6 against Elder.

This will be the first time the Colonels have ever hosted the Panthers.

In short, if Elder wasn't confident they would beat CCH they would not schedule them. 

• Like 2

I’m really looking forward to the Elder and Beechwood games. I thought the Elder game was very competitive in the second half (I think CCH outgained them?) once we got lined up correctly on defense. I also thought Ramsey was so much better than everyone else on the field that it obviously makes a big difference with him graduated. Still going to be a tough task, but I think CCH is going to be very good defensively, particularly in the back 8 that I hope we’ll have a chance to win the game in the 4th quarter.

With Beechwood, I kind of liked coaches getting into it after the game last year. I’m completely cool with that; nothing wrong with disliking your rival. Hergott was similar to Ramsey in that he was so much better athletically than everyone else on the field last year that it’s just going to be a much different game with him not out there. I know Beechwood has some other real good players like Berger and Campbell, but he was the offense last year in the game. I’m expecting CCH to get revenge. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CCHFC said:

I’m really looking forward to the Elder and Beechwood games. I thought the Elder game was very competitive in the second half (I think CCH outgained them?) once we got lined up correctly on defense. I also thought Ramsey was so much better than everyone else on the field that it obviously makes a big difference with him graduated. Still going to be a tough task, but I think CCH is going to be very good defensively, particularly in the back 8 that I hope we’ll have a chance to win the game in the 4th quarter.

With Beechwood, I kind of liked coaches getting into it after the game last year. I’m completely cool with that; nothing wrong with disliking your rival. Hergott was similar to Ramsey in that he was so much better athletically than everyone else on the field last year that it’s just going to be a much different game with him not out there. I know Beechwood has some other real good players like Berger and Campbell, but he was the offense last year in the game. I’m expecting CCH to get revenge. 

Great post, you are right about the second half against Elder but Elder was clearly the better team.  On Beechwood, I forgot about all the "tough guy" coaches last year and that definitely makes it more interesting. 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2022 at 1:07 PM, UKato91 said:

Who will be the players to watch for this year?  I know they are ending their spring practice tonight, but haven't heard much about them other than Aiden Jones.

I would say the back 8 is going to be the strength of the team. Zion Mason and Braylon Miller as a corner tandem is as good as we’ve been in a while at that position. I think Oliver Bent at safety is a very good player; fast and aggressive. Aiden Jones and Willie Rodriguez at the second level get you very excited. I think that’s five very good to elite NKY HS football players. 

To me it comes down to how good of play do we get from the QB and WR position. Are we going to be able to generate enough explosive plays in the passing game to be able to beat a good FD/SW/BG team? I hope Evan Pitzer (or whomever wins the job) can take that next step at QB, but we will have to see. Question for anyone who watched the freshman games, was Oliver Link (#4) as dominate all year as he was in the Elder game? Since that was the only game on the video stream, I came away thinking that he needs be on the field right now as an outside receiver. To put it lightly, after Agee was moved to QB and Benke transferred, we did not have a championship level room. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, gbballfan21 said:

I’ve been hearing Zion Mason has left CovCath and is rumored to be going to Highlands. 

Can anyone close to CCH confirm these rumors?

I also heard the same but heard to another school. So where there’s smoke there’s fire?

• Like 1

On 6/28/2022 at 10:34 AM, gbballfan21 said:

I’ve been hearing Zion Mason has left CovCath and is rumored to be going to Highlands. 

Can anyone close to CCH confirm these rumors?

On 6/28/2022 at 3:39 PM, BrosefStalin said:

I also heard the same but heard to another school. So where there’s smoke there’s fire?

I was told by several semi-reliable sources that Zion Mason had withdrawn from Cov Cath, but that's incorrect. Still a Colonel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3