January 5, 200719 yr I don't think it will happen. I don't see Brown giving him permission to talk. I was talking about Cowher to Cleveland after next year...
January 5, 200719 yr I was talking about Cowher to Cleveland after next year... my bad, did not look back to see who said it. That would not shock me one bit. I think Cleveland will keep RC for one more year and offer Cowher big money next year. My dad will love that.
January 5, 200719 yr By the way, SI rated Pitt & Cincy the Nastiest rivalry in the NFL. :fight: It's a good rivlary, but there are a few good rivalries in the NFL.
January 5, 200719 yr Ken Whisenhunt and Dick Lebeau are both gaining interest around the league for head coaching vacancies, so I wouldn't be suprised to see one of the two stay in Pittsburg to man the ship. Makes sense to me. Rooney is one of the classiest and fairest oweners around, and having only two coaches in thirty five years is a good testament to that. Both also have a good repore with the players and other coaches/admin., etc., and most importantly they both know the system and wouldn't have to go through the trouble of getting the players to have to adjust to another system. In my mind this all makes sense being that the quality of hires doesn't seem to be loaded this year, and like said these two guys are sought after any how. Besides, with the Defense they have up in Pittsburg, they are only another wide reciever or two and a healthy Big Ben away from once again making it into the playoffs.
January 5, 200719 yr Cincinnati Fans would be extremely heated if Marvin jumps ship and heads north the the Steel City. I can see them loosing Whisenhunt to the Falcons where he grew up at. Will Russ Grimm take over, or will the Rooney family look outside the organization? I am a Cincinnati fan and I would love it if Pittsburgh hired a guy who has no control over his players and tries to ice an Nfl kicker kicking a 35 yard field goal w/ over a minute left in the game when he could obviously use that TO on the game winning drive. I appreciate what he's done to turn around the franchise, but I think a lot of people if given his freedom and Carson Palmer graduating could have done the same. He's never won a big game or even a meaningful game unless you count the Pittsburgh game last year which was not make or break.
January 5, 200719 yr Pittsburgh will go the cheap route, hiring somebody w/ no coaching experience, Cowher left for greener pastures.
January 5, 200719 yr The Steelers will hire a coach who has aspirations of staying the course. If they go 5-11 in his first season, his job will not be in jeopardy. I tend to agree with GT (which I hate doing). Cowher is an AFC North guy, and if he returns, the "stepchild" will be ready to can Romeo and upgrade to Cowher for what I'd expect to be top dollar. May take 2 yrs. but if the Browns are gonna stay the cruddy course, Romeo will be gone. I'd guess after the 6th loss next season, Cowher's agent will be fielding inquiries. With that said, since Cowher didn't sign an extension, I glad he left, there would be far too much distraction as a lame duck honoring his last year of the contract. My guess if the coach comes from in house it will be Grimm. I don't think Lebeau will be it. Whisenhunt will likely leave for somewhere else IMO or stay off. coord.. And with the remark about stealing Marvin, do any of you have a clue where he came from? I'm sure some do, but others obviously do not. Pittsburgh hires guys with ties to the city, it's just what they do. The Rooney's will likely stick with that M.O. and it will be a Pittsburgh guy. It will not be Wandestedt (sp?). Again, not their style. Of course when you only have 2 coaches in 4 decades, what is your style? And one last thing, if I were a possible candidate, how alluring is the Steeler job? You get built in job security (at least you expect it) and you inherit an instant SB contender with a few modifications,,,we're not talking about the Raiders, or the Lions. Just my 2 cents.
January 5, 200719 yr Pittsburgh will go the cheap route, hiring somebody w/ no coaching experience, Cowher left for greener pastures. Yes, and the "cheap route" has netted 1/8 of all Super Bowl titles.
January 5, 200719 yr Cowher to Cleveland after next year would cause my brain to explode after all the years of him being in Pittsburgh. Kinda like using a EASY button to find another EASY button.
January 5, 200719 yr Author Do you think Whisenhunt will take over? I believe that Lebeau is just too old to be a head coach in the NFL especially with his failed attempt in Cincy.
January 5, 200719 yr The Steelers will hire a coach who has aspirations of staying the course. If they go 5-11 in his first season, his job will not be in jeopardy. I tend to agree with GT (which I hate doing). Cowher is an AFC North guy, and if he returns, the "stepchild" will be ready to can Romeo and upgrade to Cowher for what I'd expect to be top dollar. May take 2 yrs. but if the Browns are gonna stay the cruddy course, Romeo will be gone. I'd guess after the 6th loss next season, Cowher's agent will be fielding inquiries. With that said, since Cowher didn't sign an extension, I glad he left, there would be far too much distraction as a lame duck honoring his last year of the contract. My guess if the coach comes from in house it will be Grimm. I don't think Lebeau will be it. Whisenhunt will likely leave for somewhere else IMO or stay off. coord.. And with the remark about stealing Marvin, do any of you have a clue where he came from? I'm sure some do, but others obviously do not. Pittsburgh hires guys with ties to the city, it's just what they do. The Rooney's will likely stick with that M.O. and it will be a Pittsburgh guy. It will not be Wandestedt (sp?). Again, not their style. Of course when you only have 2 coaches in 4 decades, what is your style? And one last thing, if I were a possible candidate, how alluring is the Steeler job? You get built in job security (at least you expect it) and you inherit an instant SB contender with a few modifications,,,we're not talking about the Raiders, or the Lions. Just my 2 cents. Well said my Steeler buddy!! Still be beating upon the Bengals too. I wouldn't mind if Marvin decides to come to the steel city. We are already the "Stealers" to some on here might as well go all the way and take their coach as well!!!! :lol:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.