Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steelers new coach could be.....?

Featured Replies

Imagine the Steelers finding a way to lure Marvin out of Cincinnati. How much fuel would that add to the fire of the league's greatest rivalry!? This is all a hypothetical situation, but in all fairness, how will be the next coach to take the reigns of the Steelers?

  • Replies 42
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still hoping Bill stays, but if he leaves we (some on BGP) really think Marvin heads home.

I posted a similar thread a few days ago. I get the feeling the Steelers will come after him. We'll see how interested he is...

  • Author

Cincinnati Fans would be extremely heated if Marvin jumps ship and heads north the the Steel City. I can see them loosing Whisenhunt to the Falcons where he grew up at. Will Russ Grimm take over, or will the Rooney family look outside the organization?

I will be heated just for the fact that the Steelers took our coach not because Marvin will be gone.

  • Author

Ha, Hammertime, I dont think you would be the only that would feel that way!

Is Cincinnati & Pittsburgh really the best rivalry in the league? I have a hard time buying that one...

Is Cincinnati & Pittsburgh really the best rivalry in the league? I have a hard time buying that one...

It was the hot rivalry after last year, but that died down. If Marvin leaves to go home, it will be right back up there...

I posted a similar thread a few days ago. I get the feeling the Steelers will come after him. We'll see how interested he is...

 

The Steelers are not allowed to even look at him if he is under contract (no lateral movement is allowed), unless they are given permission and Brown would never do that. There could be another option, if Lewis had aspirations of being the steelers coach, he could have had a clause in his contract that gives him permission to speak with Pittsburgh if there was an opening. Jim Hasslett the former Saints coach had it in his contract that if the Buffalo head coaching position came open he was allowed to interview without notice.

 

I am not sure how much control Lewis has on Player personal, but Kevin Colbert is the GM in Pittsburgh. Cowher wanted more control and Rooneys would never give it to him. They would not give that to Lewis either. Which if Lewis is responable for the drafting of the convicts on the Cincy roster, then maybe he needs that control taken away.

It was the hot rivalry after last year, but that died down. If Marvin leaves to go home, it will be right back up there...

 

 

By the way, SI rated Pitt & Cincy the Nastiest rivalry in the NFL.

 

:fight:

By the way, SI rated Pitt & Cincy the Nastiest rivalry in the NFL.

 

:fight:

Right after the first game they played this year. It was hot, and a good headline...

Right after the first game they played this year. It was hot, and a good headline...

 

 

Yep... I really miss hating Cleveland. It is kinda hard to hate the step child.

Yep... I really miss hating Cleveland. It is kinda hard to hate the step child.

You know my prediction for Cowher's next job. That should heat things back up...

You know my prediction for Cowher's next job. That should heat things back up...

 

I don't think it will happen. I don't see Brown giving him permission to talk.

I don't think it will happen. I don't see Brown giving him permission to talk.

 

 

Can you picture Lewis doing the "We Dey" chant like Cowher did? Cincy Fans would go nuts.

 

:lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.