Reds at Dodgers (4/14 - 4/17)

So I settle in t watch the game Friday night.  I know they are playing because I was just listening to them in the car.  Well, when I dial up FS1 (Spectrum 49), I get tennis.  I check my Reds app and am informed that the game is televised via TV.apple.com.  and of course, I can't get that.

What is this, another money grab???  I pay over $225 to Spectrum for TV and Internet.  One of the major reasons that I do so is to watch the Reds games.  What is this all about???

22 minutes ago, Mustang said:

So I settle in t watch the game Friday night.  I know they are playing because I was just listening to them in the car.  Well, when I dial up FS1 (Spectrum 49), I get tennis.  I check my Reds app and am informed that the game is televised via TV.apple.com.  and of course, I can't get that.

What is this, another money grab???  I pay over $225 to Spectrum for TV and Internet.  One of the major reasons that I do so is to watch the Reds games.  What is this all about???

I'm in Atlanta for work this weekend, so I'm not subject to the blackout like I would have been had I been in Kentucky.  I buy the MLBTV package every year since I'm a Red Sox fan--and it isn't on there either.  

28 minutes ago, Mustang said:

Remember when the Reds used to televise about 30 games a year on local TV? And remember when we used to wait all week to watch the game of the week on local TV on Saturday? Those were the days, weren't they?

10 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Remember when the Reds used to televise about 30 games a year on local TV? And remember when we used to wait all week to watch the game of the week on local TV on Saturday? Those were the days, weren't they?

Back then I was lucky to be able to watch the Red Sox live 4-5 times a season.  I'd schedule everything around that.  Of course, I was still in school so that was easier to do.  

8 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I remember quite well, and I also go back to the days of one camera behind home plate. 

Thankfully, those days are behind us, and we are privy to the majority of the games that we play.  Last year there were several games not carried by FS1 or Bally Sports or whatever, but the diverted broadcast was available to us on a different venue.

So what you all are saying is that the Friday night broadcast is "Blacked Out" here locally.  I guess my question is if we are blacked out, just who is watching the Reds-Dodgers on Apple TV??? 

6 hours ago, Mustang said:

With all of the housecleaning, the fact that we still have Aquino is a bad joke.

I don’t agree with everything you say, but I couldn’t agree with this more. 

This flash in the pan experiment is over…. Probably was 2 years ago.

11 hours ago, Mustang said:

I remember quite well, and I also go back to the days of one camera behind home plate. 

Thankfully, those days are behind us, and we are privy to the majority of the games that we play.  Last year there were several games not carried by FS1 or Bally Sports or whatever, but the diverted broadcast was available to us on a different venue.

So what you all are saying is that the Friday night broadcast is "Blacked Out" here locally.  I guess my question is if we are blacked out, just who is watching the Reds-Dodgers on Apple TV??? 

I happen to have Apple TV for other reasons and I watched about 5 minutes of the game.  That was all that I could take.

14 hours ago, Mustang said:

Almost the same here and it isn't just Reds coverage, it is a lot of things anymore.

I will be glad when you can get a service that allows you to pick what you want and you don't have to pay for 90% of the channels you never watch.  I am not holding my breath... 

• Like 2