Assisted Living For Eldery in NKY

MJAlltheWay24

Without getting into too much personal information, I was wondering if any of you had any recommendations of Assisted/Independent Living Facilities for an elderly parent/grandparent in NKY, preferable Campbell or Kenton County, but Boone County would work too.

I know about the Barrington in Ft. Thomas and looking into it but was wondering if any of you fine folks had any recommendations of anywhere else too?  Or also maybe place you'd recommend avoiding for whatever reason.  If you'd like to share in a PM instead, I'd be grateful for any information.

Thanks in advance.

21 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Without getting into too much personal information, I was wondering if any of you had any recommendations of Assisted/Independent Living Facilities for an elderly parent/grandparent in NKY, preferable Campbell or Kenton County, but Boone County would work too.

I know about the Barrington in Ft. Thomas and looking into it but was wondering if any of you fine folks had any recommendations of anywhere else too?  Or also maybe place you'd recommend avoiding for whatever reason.  If you'd like to share in a PM instead, I'd be grateful for any information.

Thanks in advance.

Had a grandmother live many years at Baptist Towers on Highland Ave. in the Ft. Wright area. 

She was hesitant at first, but grew to love it. They have a kitchenette in each apartment, but also have an option for cafeteria dining. That let her cook or bake as she pleased and feel independent, but if she was too tired or wanted to socialize she could go to the cafeteria. 

She fell in love with the game and craft nights and socializing then as well. It turned into an experience that we had to nudge her into, but probably extended her life a year or two just because she was up, moving and interacting. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mustang said:

Madonna Manor in Villa Hills has an excellent reputation.  I have a friend (retired priest) who has lived there for years and loves it.

I've heard great things here as well! Never any personal experience with family there though. 

St Charles Community in Fort Wright, near the elementary school is very nice and has a good reputation. Colonial Heights and Gardens in Florence is also very nice. In full disclosure, both are clients of mine, but I've been in both facilities many times and they would be at the top of my list if one of my loved ones had that need.

• Like 2

Without too much detail, dad is in that sort of awkward phase where he probably shouldn't be living alone anymore for a few reasons but also not ready for a true blown nursing home.  Trying to figure out a space that he likes and is nice but not breaking the bank either.  Some of this stuff sure racks up the bills quick.

1 hour ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Without too much detail, dad is in that sort of awkward phase where he probably shouldn't be living alone anymore for a few reasons but also not ready for a true blown nursing home.  Trying to figure out a space that he likes and is nice but not breaking the bank either.  Some of this stuff sure racks up the bills quick.

Have you looked at in home care? If he is still self sufficient in most ways and only requires limited help, this may be the best option to start with. 

13 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Have you looked at in home care? If he is still self sufficient in most ways and only requires limited help, this may be the best option to start with. 

It's something we are going to potentially look at as an option to see the cost.  The problem with his current spot is that its on the 2nd floor, so steps.  If he was on a first floor, it would maybe be okay and definitely with home care.  It's been a tiring 1.5 weeks.

• 1 month later...

My dad has been at the Atria at Highland Crossing in Ft Wright for the last 3 years,  and I can’t say enough good things about them.  There is also an Atria by St. Elizabeth.  It is a little more expensive, because it is newer, but run by the same people.

pm me if you want more information.