Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Billy D...

Featured Replies

A friend of mine is a huge Gator fan and has family members who know people very close to him. Those sources say Billy D doesn't want an extension at Florida and is looking to go to the league or UK. May be a little far fetched but I found it very interesting.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's his contract status right now?

  • Author
What's his contract status right now?

Not sure. And I don't want this to turn into a "Loooking at horse farms story..." but evidently Billy D feels a little underappreciated after the national title.

Understood.

 

I like Billy D, but I don't like the fact that before he was never good enough to come to UK... He was always the last man anybody wanted for the job.. And then he has a great season and wins a championship and just like that, he's the savior.

 

If somehow he ends up at UK, I'd support him just as much as I support Tubby now. However, like you, I think it's far fetched and extremely unlikely at this point.

 

That's all I have to say about it at this time... Had to get my two cents in before this thread inevitably goes down the entirely wrong direction.

If Tubby had to go, Billy D would be on the short list for the job. Its still gonna be really hard to oust Tubby.

How would this thread not go in the wrong direction.

Didn't he turn down the extension because he wanted to do something for his guys who turned down money from the League?

:confused: Is the UK job opened???

:confused: Is the UK job opened???

 

 

I dont think anyone said that, but it is going to be open sometime...

Here is some food for thought. Tubby knows that taking a freshman team to a championship level takes a 3-4 year commitment. Has anybody seen how tired he looks lately. Wonder if he just wants to step back and enjoy his family???Mitch would never force him out or anything like that, but I would say Tubby is reaching the end of his "own" road.

Smith said last night that this was his 35 or so year in coaching, I would say he is tired. I think Donavon would be an excellent choice if one had to be made.

Hope he learned something from his mentor Ricky P, NBA is a different game, good college coaches usually don't last long in the league.

I know one thing, the people that whine about recruiting would likely become satisfied by what Billy D can do. I still question him as a coach, but as a recruiter there are few better.

  • Author
I know one thing, the people that whine about recruiting would likely become satisfied by what Billy D can do. I still question him as a coach, but as a recruiter there are few better.

:thumb:

  • Author
:confused: Is the UK job opened???

No... but that's what Billy "wants" according to the source.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.