Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Billy D...

Featured Replies

  • Replies 31
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would Donovan leave Florida? He's built a program there that is every bit the equal of Kentucky and perhaps has even surpassed Kentucky.

 

He can recruit nationally and he doesn't have the immense pressure that comes with being the flagship program for the school. Sounds like a win-win situation to me.

A friend of mine is a huge Gator fan and has family members who know people very close to him. Those sources say Billy D doesn't want an extension at Florida and is looking to go to the league or UK. May be a little far fetched but I found it very interesting.

 

I heard the exact same thing, but it was a while back. Apparently, the only college jobs he would "consider" are Duke and Kentucky. I don't think Coach K plans on leaving anytime soon, and if another bad seasons should happen for Tubby, I don't think he should plan on staying.

Doesn't this question come up every year about someone (usually B.D.) to U.K.? Imo a person could set a clock by it;) . When and If Tubby decides to leave or if he loses his job then we can discuss it in reality. With this freshman class and future prospects I really don't see Tubby going anywhere anytime soon. JMO

Why would Donovan leave Florida? He's built a program there that is every bit the equal of Kentucky and perhaps has even surpassed Kentucky.

 

He can recruit nationally and he doesn't have the immense pressure that comes with being the flagship program for the school. Sounds like a win-win situation to me.

 

TRADITION!

TRADITION!

That and $5 will get you a cup of Starbucks these days...

I have heard the Knicks more than anything.

 

Who knows, I like our coach.

 

Interesting, the biggest recruit on both Tubby's and Donovan's radar is Patterson and he is waiting, partly to ensure both coaches will be there if he were to choose one or the other.

TRADITION!

 

He is still going to be second fiddle to football, no matter the success.

I don't see UF letting Billy D get away.. Nor do I see him taking Tubby's job away from him. But Im sure if he does want to come to UK that bad (I don't think he does) there is a spot for him on the staff, just not the one he wants.

I have posted on here several times for several years that if and that is IF Tubby decides to leave to go to the NBA or retire Billy D is the next head coach at UK.

I have posted on here several times for several years that if and that is IF Tubby decides to leave to go to the NBA or retire Billy D is the next head coach at UK.

Bring him on,i think that UK fans are ready for a change in Recruiting and Offense.

Everyone that follows UK basketball like that tempo that Billy D brings. Win big or lose big either way. Hard to win the close ones but UK wants to win by twenty every game. They don't want anyone close. Me I prefer the close games, man their fun to watch live!!!! the crowd is into it and everything. It's just what I like. Blow-out games to me are just no fun at all.............LTW.

I dont think anyone said that, but it is going to be open sometime...

 

We have a coach. For those of you who don't know, his name is Tubby Smith and he is a very good coach. If he chooses to retire or go to the nba, then this thread will have some meaning. Until then, Billy is the enemy in my opinion. He is a heck of a coach but he is still on another sideline for another team.

We have a coach. For those of you who don't know, his name is Tubby Smith and he is a very good coach. If he chooses to retire or go to the nba, then this thread will have some meaning. Until then, Billy is the enemy in my opinion. He is a heck of a coach but he is still on another sideline for another team.

 

Change is not always a bad thing my friend...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.