Sept  9 – at Holy Cross
Sept 16 – at Lloyd
Sept 23 – at Ludlow
Sept 30 – at Nicholas County
Oct 7 – Bracken County 7:30
Oct 14 – Paris 7:30
Oct 21 – BYE
Oct 28 – Pendleton County 7:30

This is a mirror image of last season’s schedule which resulted in a 12-1 record.  It contains games versus six Class 1-A opponents, a trio of Class 2-A rivals, and Pendleton County a Class 3A team. 

Lost to graduation are the Quarterback-Running Back combination of Jacob Leicht and Jed Martin who both racked up over 1,000 yards rushing.

On paper it certainly looks like a rebuilding year, much as it did a year ago, but while we will have some mighty big shoes to fill, the cupboard is certainly not bare.  We return at least a dozen players with varsity experience and the nucleus of the 2021 JV team who went 4-0.  We could also obtain reinforcements from a productive Jr High Colts program.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Love the progress this program has made. Hope to see the program continue to grow and get better. The schedule could use some work but that will come in due time. Best of luck to the Mustangs this season.

16 hours ago, MOMWOW said:

Love the progress this program has made. Hope to see the program continue to grow and get better. The schedule could use some work but that will come in due time. Best of luck to the Mustangs this season.

Why would you say that a Class A school playing Class A and AA schools needs work? I guess you basically want to see NCC and Campbell on there. Nothing to be gained in my opinion but that's just me. All 3 pull from the same talent pool right?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 9068 said:

Why would you say that a Class A school playing Class A and AA schools needs work? I guess you basically want to see NCC and Campbell on there. Nothing to be gained in my opinion but that's just me. All 3 pull from the same talent pool right?

No I would actually like to see 2A Walton Verona, 5A Grant county, 4A Scott. They do pull from the same talent pool. Give it time and more will come, with the way they are improving on and off the field.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/24/2022 at 8:41 AM, 9068 said:

I would say what he is getting at is that we all should assume Brossart has bigger goals than just having a good regular season record. Which it is very impressive what Brossart is doing and working on building their program up.

With that said they also play in arguably one of if not the weakest district in the state. So that doesn’t help get them ready at all for when they have to see someone outside of their district in the playoffs. Which is what happened last year when they ran into Raceland after getting out of their district. So the next step should be getting them possibly more prepared for the better competition they will see in the playoffs outside of their district. Which right now the current schedule may not be doing much to help prepare them for that. So if Brossart has another really good year this year like last year. Then it could be good to look at beefing up the schedule a little more to help better prepare them for the better playoff teams they would have to go through outside their district. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, futurecoach said:

I would say what he is getting at is that we all should assume Brossart has bigger goals than just having a good regular season record. Which it is very impressive what Brossart is doing and working on building their program up.

With that said they also play in arguably one of if not the weakest district in the state. So that doesn’t help get them ready at all for when they have to see someone outside of their district in the playoffs. Which is what happened last year when they ran into Raceland after getting out of their district. So the next step should be getting them possibly more prepared for the better competition they will see in the playoffs outside of their district. Which right now the current schedule may not be doing much to help prepare them for that. So if Brossart has another really good year this year like last year. Then it could be good to look at beefing up the schedule a little more to help better prepare them for the better playoff teams they would have to go through outside their district. 

To be fair, this is year two of contract cycles and the new alignments haven't yet been released for the 2023 season. It is hard to imagine at this point what their schedule will look like after this season when all schedules are rearranged.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

To be fair, this is year two of contract cycles and the new alignments haven't yet been released for the 2023 season. It is hard to imagine at this point what their schedule will look like after this season when all schedules are rearranged.

Oh I know. That’s why I said after this year if they have another really good season, that they should possibly consider beefing it up some. It will be interesting to see if they are able to continue their winning ways again this year. 

• Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 7:41 AM, 9068 said:

I don’t think it’s the size of the school that’s he’s talking about it’s the caliber of team. You could easily go 10-0 against this schedule and not have a very good team and just get smoked in the playoffs because you’ve not played anyone to challenge yourself.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2022 at 8:30 PM, Mustang said:

I've been informed that our first three games - At Dayton, Home versus Newport and Bellevue,  have been changed from Friday night to Thursday.

CORRECTION  -  I misunderstood.  The opening night game at Dayton remains as scheduled on Friday, August 19th.  It is the following games vs Newport and Bellevue at Brossart that have been moved to Thursdays.

• Thanks 1