Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Where does Baker Mayfield Go?

Featured Replies

No poll this time but I might as well ask this question.  Mayfield is a serviceable QB.  In 2020, he threw for 3,563 yards, 26TDs, 8 INTs, 62.8 cmpl %, and QB rating of 95.9.  His team went 11-5 and won a playoff game for the first time in forever, beat the Steelers in the playoffs and came very close to beating KC.  There are several teams for whom Mayfield would be a QB upgrade.  I believe his shoulder injury in 2021 had far more to do with his struggles on the field than any other factor.  Hopefully, he will return to the form he had in previous seasons as an accurate passer.  So, I believe there will be several teams interested in trading for Mayfield.  And I am sure Andrew Berry is working the phones to find a viable trade offer and so are Mayfield's agents.  

However, the only team I've heard much noise about is the Indianapolis Colts.  I guess the Seahawks could also be interested in the wake of the Russell Wilson departure.  

What team do you think may be interested in Mayfield?  

 

  • Replies 31
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • ChickenWyngz
    ChickenWyngz

    Did he move out of the stadium? 

  • I am the furthest thing from a Baker fan, but his precipitous decline doesn't fully compute with me. I am not saying he is a world beater, but you can't dismiss his solid rookie year, in his third yea

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    Report out of Cleveland is Baker was going to hold out this season until he got the big contract he thinks he deserves. What a reality check for him after all this. The other problem now is his person

10 minutes ago, oldgrappler said:

No poll this time but I might as well ask this question.  Mayfield is a serviceable QB.  In 2020, he threw for 3,563 yards, 26TDs, 8 INTs, 62.8 cmpl %, and QB rating of 95.9.  His team went 11-5 and won a playoff game for the first time in forever, beat the Steelers in the playoffs and came very close to beating KC.  There are several teams for whom Mayfield would be a QB upgrade.  I believe his shoulder injury in 2021 had far more to do with his struggles on the field than any other factor.  Hopefully, he will return to the form he had in previous seasons as an accurate passer.  So, I believe there will be several teams interested in trading for Mayfield.  And I am sure Andrew Berry is working the phones to find a viable trade offer and so are Mayfield's agents.  

However, the only team I've heard much noise about is the Indianapolis Colts.  I guess the Seahawks could also be interested in the wake of the Russell Wilson departure.  

What team do you think may be interested in Mayfield?  

 

Gosh I have no idea og but I do want to see Baker get a fresh start to see what he can do.  I will say I think it is going to have to be a really good team for it to work out. 

Colts, Seahawks, maybe Giants, Philly, or Lions for QB competition. 

Baltimore or Pittsburgh, so he can stick it to Cleveland at least twice a year.  LOL.  

I think Indianapolis because they are running low on options.

Where do all old Browns QBs go ....  ?? (Philosophers are still addressing this age-old question)

Seriously, the Colts have to be interested.    I think he might be able to resurrect his career there, but Indy probably needs to improve that pass protection.

  • Author
25 minutes ago, ColonelMike said:

Where do all old Browns QBs go ....  ?? (Philosophers are still addressing this age-old question)

Seriously, the Colts have to be interested.    I think he might be able to resurrect his career there, but Indy probably needs to improve that pass protection.

Hall of Fame.  Otto Graham.  Best QB ever.  

1 minute ago, oldgrappler said:

Hall of Fame.  Otto Graham.  Best QB ever.  

Fair point....but....that was ages ago.    Retired in 1955.    That's even before my time...

Since they started wearing helmets with facemasks.....LOL.....the Browns have had some difficulty getting a consistent, productive QB.    Bernie Kosar was a notable exception.....  the problem has been most noticeable since the Browns resumed operations in 1999....  

Some promising individuals since '99, but nobody has managed to stick.....

I'm sure Mayfield will get another opportunity.... far lesser QBs have merited second chances, and I really don't think he's a bad QB...may not be a superstar, but definitely a serviceable QB for someone....   I'm honestly surprised the Browns are giving up on him.   I didn't think he was their problem...

25 minutes ago, oldgrappler said:

Hall of Fame.  Otto Graham.  Best QB ever.  

Did I miss the induction of Brian Sipe and/or Gary Danielson?

  • Author
20 hours ago, ColonelMike said:

Fair point....but....that was ages ago.    Retired in 1955.    That's even before my time...

Since they started wearing helmets with facemasks.....LOL.....the Browns have had some difficulty getting a consistent, productive QB.    Bernie Kosar was a notable exception.....  the problem has been most noticeable since the Browns resumed operations in 1999....  

Some promising individuals since '99, but nobody has managed to stick.....

I'm sure Mayfield will get another opportunity.... far lesser QBs have merited second chances, and I really don't think he's a bad QB...may not be a superstar, but definitely a serviceable QB for someone....   I'm honestly surprised the Browns are giving up on him.   I didn't think he was their problem...

I actually agree with everything you say here.  I would have preferred to keep Mayfield and not trade for Watson.  I wanted to see what he could do with this team when healthy.  Came very close to leading us to the AFC Championship game in 2020.  Mayfield is the best QB we've had since 1999.  I don't think 2021 should be held against him because it was an injury year.  I don't think people understand how much pain a torn labrum cause with almost any upper body motion.  It definitely effected his play.  I think he deserves credit for toughing it out.  I hope he does get a fair shake with another team and is able to play at the top of his ability.  I still think he is a top 15 QB with particular skills that can get a team to a Super Bowl when healthy and a good supporting cast.  But man, the AFC is loaded with exceptional QB talent.  Mayfield was not helped by a revolving door at HC and then when Stefanski seemed to bring stability, he got this stupid injury.  Now, the Browns have found another dance partner with quite a few more moves.  So, Mayfield's agent needs to find him an advantageous situation.  

  • Author
20 hours ago, The Raven said:

Did I miss the induction of Brian Sipe and/or Gary Danielson?

Haha.  Nope you didn't miss it.  The Brian Sipe years were fun, Cardiac Kids years.  Gary Danielson was a place-holder between Brian Sipe and Bernie Kosar.  He did offer some valuable tutelage to Kosar, though Kosar was such a smart guy he would have figured it all out any way.  Danielson just sped up the process. 

The only Brown's QB in the HoF is Otto Graham, but that's one heck of a representation.  Though no other Hof-ers, we did have some other QBs who were winners.  Frank Ryan comes to mind and is the last QB to lead a Brown's team to the NFL Championship ('64).  Bernie Kosar was another winner.  If only Lindy Infante hadn't left to become HC at Green Bay.  He knew how to get the most out of Kosar and the offense around him as Offensive Coordinator.  Kosar ran like a duck and had an unorthodox throwing motion, but he could win and that is the truest mark of a great QB.  In spite of that throwing motion, Kosar was the most accurate passer you'll see.  I've never seen anybody whose deep passes were more on the money than Kosar.  

Baker to the Colts perhaps. Baker's TD to INT ratio is not good and that might turn off the Colts. Bad turnovers are why they moved on from Wentz. But maybe Reich thinks he can help him.

39 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Baker to the Colts perhaps. Baker's TD to INT ratio is not good and that might turn off the Colts. Bad turnovers are why they moved on from Wentz. But maybe Reich thinks he can help him.

If you're the Colts, which QB do you prefer...Jimmy G or Mayfield? Both are coming off of surgery.

1 hour ago, oldgrappler said:

I actually agree with everything you say here.  I would have preferred to keep Mayfield and not trade for Watson.  I wanted to see what he could do with this team when healthy.  Came very close to leading us to the AFC Championship game in 2020.  Mayfield is the best QB we've had since 1999.  I don't think 2021 should be held against him because it was an injury year.  I don't think people understand how much pain a torn labrum cause with almost any upper body motion.  It definitely effected his play.  I think he deserves credit for toughing it out.  I hope he does get a fair shake with another team and is able to play at the top of his ability.  I still think he is a top 15 QB with particular skills that can get a team to a Super Bowl when healthy and a good supporting cast.  But man, the AFC is loaded with exceptional QB talent.  Mayfield was not helped by a revolving door at HC and then when Stefanski seemed to bring stability, he got this stupid injury.  Now, the Browns have found another dance partner with quite a few more moves.  So, Mayfield's agent needs to find him an advantageous situation.  

I had a torn labrum 12 years ago....had surgery in 2010 to place three(!) anchors in my right (throwing) shoulder.   Ended my days throwing BP to my baseball teams.....

In baseball, only two pitchers have ever returned to the MLB after labrum surgery.....it's nothing to sneeze at.   The success rate, I think, is a little better for football quarterbacks.....hope Mayfield bounces back....

2 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

If you're the Colts, which QB do you prefer...Jimmy G or Mayfield? Both are coming off of surgery.

A lot of similarities in those two. I think I lean to Baker.

  • Author

@ColonelMike Thanks for the perspective.  At least for Baker Mayfield, it is his non-throwing shoulder.  

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.