Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Auburn 80 Kentucky 71

Featured Replies

6 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Time to play Sharpe.

Agree. If he's not going to play Sharpe, I start Toppin and bring Dante Allen in off the bench. I am not an Allen supporter, but I am ready to try him over Brooks. Allen will add a different look on offense. He will not be any weaker or make more mistakes than Brooks but he will add something. 

22 minutes ago, cincyswords said:

Whose playing time is he taking?

 

21 minutes ago, brown4 said:

Brooks

Right now Ty Ty. I think Ty Ty is out a week or two with the way he rolled that ankle.

With Ty Ty, Brooks loses minutes. Brooks is done. He had has chances and he has shown nothing. Cal has to try something different.

1 hour ago, GOREDDEVILS said:

I think Kentucky is better than Auburn by a little bit when fully healthy.  Take Away TYTY and Sahvir then that's a different story.

I mean UK was up double digits with Ty Ty in.  Don't think that's a stretch. 

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

 

Right now Ty Ty. I think Ty Ty is out a week or two with the way he rolled that ankle.

With Ty Ty, Brooks loses minutes. Brooks is done. He had has chances and he has shown nothing. Cal has to try something different.

Agree but that ain't happening. 

Game was lost the minute Ty Ty went out. 
proud of how they fought without him.

Easily could have been a 20 point loss considering the circumstances.

Brooks had the same points as Toppin with five more minutes played.  Then again he wasn't in foul trouble.  He had 3 rebounds to Toppin's 1.  3-7 vs 3-5 from the field.  

I'm not ready to give up on Brooks right now.  I don't think he has Toppin's upside but he has an important side.  I'm likening him to Lavon Williams of ancient times.  Not a man offensive threat but provides some points when needed and rebounds as well.  Maybe a poor man's Charles Hurt.  

I don't think Brooks/Toppin is a problem because they both tend to pick up the other's stats when needed.  Cats just need another player who can get a good look off the dribble like Ty Ty does.  

 

I don’t say this often, but I’m encouraged by this loss.

They didn’t quit when they lost their playmaker.

Frustrating loss but I will be honest.   I turned the game off with 10 minutes left because I knew the outcome. I think the last few weeks have shown, we can be a Ferrari,  but take one piece away, and UK can become a Corvette, or Mustang.  This team still beats a lot of folks with one piece gone but they beat most teams when 100%  

On 1/22/2022 at 8:25 PM, sportsfan41 said:

Frustrating loss but I will be honest.   I turned the game off with 10 minutes left because I knew the outcome. I think the last few weeks have shown, we can be a Ferrari,  but take one piece away, and UK can become a Corvette, or Mustang.  This team still beats a lot of folks with one piece gone but they beat most teams when 100%  

It worries me come tournament time. Get the right higher seeded team that makes a few early threes, Oscar gets saddled with foul trouble, and another major cog tweaks something, then you are in a battle.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.