Bengals at Browns Predictions/Updates

Bengals vs. Browns  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/09/2022 at 06:02 PM

4 minutes ago, theguru said:

With that said, I lean towards health too but you can't discount the chances of having the number one seed. 

Tennessee  plays Houston and the Chiefs play the Broncos. The chances of either one of them losing is slim. Now if this was like the old playoffs where the 2 seed also got a bye. Then yeah you absolutely go for the win and hope one of those teams lose. However, since they would need both of those teams to lose. IMO it’s not worth risking injury in a game that won’t really change much.  Especially with them already banged up with Burrow, Spain, etc. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, futurecoach said:

Tennesse plays Houston and the Chiefs play the Broncos. The chances are either one of them losing is slim. Now if this was like the old playoffs where the 2 seed also got a bye. Then yeah you absolutely go for the win and hope one of those teams lose. However, since they would need both of those teams to lose. IMO it’s not worth risking injury in a game that won’t really change much.  Especially with them already banged up with Burrow, Spain, etc. 

You're right fc.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Tennessee  plays Houston and the Chiefs play the Broncos. The chances of either one of them losing is slim. Now if this was like the old playoffs where the 2 seed also got a bye. Then yeah you absolutely go for the win and hope one of those teams lose. However, since they would need both of those teams to lose. IMO it’s not worth risking injury in a game that won’t really change much.  Especially with them already banged up with Burrow, Spain, etc. 

I completely agree with them holding several key guys out, but if they are going to do that figure out something to keep them separated through the week as well. Keep the C19 spread away from the key guys! 

• Like 1

Just now, ChickenWyngz said:

I completely agree with them holding several key guys out, but if they are going to do that figure out something to keep them separated as well. Keep the C19 spread away from the key guys! 

I know some of you will think I am crazy but I would go ahead and expose everyone on the Bengals to the "Cron" today so they are ready for the playoffs and don't have an outbreak. 

4 minutes ago, theguru said:

I know some of you will think I am crazy but I would go ahead and expose everyone on the Bengals to the "Cron" today so they are ready for the playoffs and don't have an outbreak. 

Heck, if you're going to go that route, why not just forfeit the game to the Browns.  Give everybody an extra week of rest.

Just now, CincySportsFan said:

Heck, if you're going to go that route, why not just forfeit the game to the Browns.  Give everybody an extra week of rest.

I wouldn't complain because I think that gives the Bengals the best chance in the playoffs.

Was trying to figure out who the Bengals might end up facing, and there's just too many variables.  I've come across chances to face New England, Indianapolis and the winner of the Raiders/Chargers.  The only scenarios that I haven't come across is facing either Buffalo or Baltimore.

58 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

Was trying to figure out who the Bengals might end up facing, and there's just too many variables.  I've come across chances to face New England, Indianapolis and the winner of the Raiders/Chargers.  The only scenarios that I haven't come across is facing either Buffalo or Baltimore.

I looked at it too, so many variables.

From CincyJungle.com:

For now, ESPN’s playoff machine projects the Bengals to earn the No. 3 seed and host the No. 6 seed Indianapolis Colts in the Wild Card round. That’s the same projection if the Bengals beat the Browns in Week 18.

However, if the Bengals lose to the Browns, ESPN projects the former to drop to the No. 4 seed and host either the Bills or Patriots. 

27 minutes ago, theguru said:

I looked at it too, so many variables.

From CincyJungle.com:

For now, ESPN’s playoff machine projects the Bengals to earn the No. 3 seed and host the No. 6 seed Indianapolis Colts in the Wild Card round. That’s the same projection if the Bengals beat the Browns in Week 18.

However, if the Bengals lose to the Browns, ESPN projects the former to drop to the No. 4 seed and host either the Bills or Patriots. 

I've come up with scenarios where the Bengals could literally play any potential wildcard team.

But, if the favorites win next week in the AFC, the Bengals would be a 4 seed, and host New England.  If they win, and everyone else stays the same, they'd move up a spot and host Indy.

And, if they win, and all the other favorites hold serve, but the Raiders beat the Charges...Cincy would remain at #3, and host the Raiders.

• Thanks 1

Baker Mayfield is out for the game with the Bengals.  Kevin Stefanski cited his shoulder injury.  He will schedule surgery as soon as possible.  When asked if this should have been done sooner, Stefanski said with the information available to him from team doctors, Baker, how Baker did in practices, they continued to play him.  But it is obvious to me and was obvious all season long, that all the talk about his injury not really affecting his play was hogwash.  

This doesn't really change the quality of the Browns offense a lot.  With the way Mayfield's shoulder has been, Case Keenum is almost as good.  

12 minutes ago, oldgrappler said:

Baker Mayfield is out for the game with the Bengals.  Kevin Stefanski cited his shoulder injury.  He will schedule surgery as soon as possible.  When asked if this should have been done sooner, Stefanski said with the information available to him from team doctors, Baker, how Baker did in practices, they continued to play him.  But it is obvious to me and was obvious all season long, that all the talk about his injury not really affecting his play was hogwash.  

This doesn't really change the quality of the Browns offense a lot.  With the way Mayfield's shoulder has been, Case Keenum is almost as good.  

I am expecting the Bengals to play a lot of backups this week and with two OL on the COVID list I would tend to think Burrow is going to sit.

18 hours ago, oldgrappler said:

It always sticks in my craw when a team doesn't do all they can to win, but in this case, it makes good business sense. 

What's your feeling on how things transpired in Pittsburgh?  On one hand, you (the Browns) can't say you're limiting Chubb because of all the wear and tear from the season, and on the other hand, have Baker out there getting drilled when you know for a fact how injured he already is.  From an outsider's point of view, that whole situation was just bizarre.  I felt like Stefanski had picked up a beater (Baker) off of Craigslist for a demolition derby and was going to drive it til the wheels fell off or the engine blew up.  Seemed like he cared 0% for Baker's well-being (long term or short term) that night.  All of this while Chubb was averaging 5 yards a carry.