Open Job: Shelby County

Sad day in Shelby County! Never received the support he needed inside the school and that will continue to be the question for whomever is the next shot caller! Hard to preach buy in when an assistant principal at the school has children going and playing for the rival! 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kanaka Kahakai said:

Coach Matthew (forgot first name) sorry. OC for Lafayette, left to go back to Shelby Co, now back as OC at Lafayette. I believe also HS record setter in numerous category when he played at Shelby 🤷🏻‍♂️.. Maybe.

I like Matthews, I also like Brock Roberts once at Eminence and has been at Collins. Young blood with a good mind for the game! Could bring the energy and spark with new facilities! I do know there is also an up and coming coach at West Middle School not sure of the name but I hear he is doing well and has strong ties to the youth league! Could be a solid way to start a strong feeder system! 

I believe Alex is the first name of Coach Mathews that was referred to earlier. His father was a big part of youth football for a long time and Alex was one of Coach Lucas’s first QBs. 

Unless something has changed West Middle feeds Collins. 

Again unless something has changed (and on this one I’m sure it has) Shelby Co used to have a self contained youth program similar to what HHS had. The Puss Greenwell Youth Football League was a big part of Shelby Co for a long time. 

Is Coach Shipley close to retirement? Does anyone know if this was a let go, resigned or if you don’t resign we’ll let you go deal?

On 12/22/2021 at 12:27 AM, Hard Work said:

I like Matthews, I also like Brock Roberts once at Eminence and has been at Collins. Young blood with a good mind for the game! Could bring the energy and spark with new facilities! I do know there is also an up and coming coach at West Middle School not sure of the name but I hear he is doing well and has strong ties to the youth league! Could be a solid way to start a strong feeder system! 

Brock Roberts is the first name I thought of when I heard about the opening. He's currently an assistant AD at Collins and is on the football staff.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, steamroller said:

Rumors are flying around Shelby that they have their man.  Supposedly then entire staff was let go yesterday.  Looks like Shelby is cleaning house and looking to start fresh. 

They just sent out a request for applications on the listserv. 

Letting the whole staff go is tough. Those guys still have jobs more than likely in the district. I’m not sure where you are going to find places for new guys on staff. I kind of get letting everyone know they are going to let the new guy pick his staff but this ain’t college. 

19 hours ago, barrel said:

They just sent out a request for applications on the listserv. 

Letting the whole staff go is tough. Those guys still have jobs more than likely in the district. I’m not sure where you are going to find places for new guys on staff. I kind of get letting everyone know they are going to let the new guy pick his staff but this ain’t college. 

Just because guys on staff were pink slipped does not mean that somebody has been hired.  That is standard procedure in most cases so the new coach when hired can change stipends and position titles as they see fit.  It also gives them flexibility to bring a few coaches in if they want to but it most certainly does not mean the entire coaching staff has been let go for good.   

• 1 month later...
On 12/21/2021 at 7:10 PM, Kanaka Kahakai said:

Coach Matthew (forgot first name) sorry. OC for Lafayette, left to go back to Shelby Co, now back as OC at Lafayette. I believe also HS record setter in numerous category when he played at Shelby 🤷🏻‍♂️.. Maybe.

I think Alex Matthews is pretty happy teaching and coaching at Lafayette.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him take on a bigger role at Lafayette in the very near future.

• 2 weeks later...