Open Job: Hopkinsville

30 minutes ago, Cary Grant said:

I think they will get a proven coach that has coached at a high level 5 or 6 A and has won at a consistent rate. No way will this new school settle for a lower class 2 or 3 A unless they have several Rings? With all of the talent in that district they should be in the finals on a regular basis! 

Back to the topic at hand, I just cannot see any current HC taking the Hopkinsville job for a year without a promise to be the consolidated HC. 

This Hopkinsville job isn’t all that appealing in the current situation. They are at best 2nd in the district to Logan County for 2022 and have no shot to win a state title. A great year would be a state quarterfinal/state semi appearance and even that wouldn’t get you the consolidated job in my opinion. 

21 minutes ago, WKY_Football said:

Back to the topic at hand, I just cannot see any current HC taking the Hopkinsville job for a year without a promise to be the consolidated HC. 

This Hopkinsville job isn’t all that appealing in the current situation. They are at best 2nd in the district to Logan County for 2022 and have no shot to win a state title. A great year would be a state quarterfinal/state semi appearance and even that wouldn’t get you the consolidated job in my opinion. 

I agree.  The only approach to have with this is to name an interim coach at Hopkinsville for the 2022 season and then have a complete coaching search for the "new" school.  One factor that must be considered too is the head coach and staff at Christian County.  The head coach of the Colonels (or any of their assistants) should have the opportunity to apply for the job as well.

14 minutes ago, BillNye said:

I agree.  The only approach to have with this is to name an interim coach at Hopkinsville for the 2022 season and then have a complete coaching search for the "new" school.  One factor that must be considered too is the head coach and staff at Christian County.  The head coach of the Colonels (or any of their assistants) should have the opportunity to apply for the job as well.

Outside of the HC at Christian County and the interim coach at HHS there are no assistant’s on either staff that are remotely qualified for the Consolidated school.

58 minutes ago, Footballmania said:

Outside of the HC at Christian County and the interim coach at HHS there are no assistant’s on either staff that are remotely qualified for the Consolidated school.

I could see a scenario where the consolidated school names a HC and then the Christian County HC (Gehres) could be the OC and the current Hopkinsville Interim HC (Lopez) who has been Clayton’s DC for years is named DC of the consolidated school. 

• Like 1

If Hopkinsville has an interim head coach, and they are consolidating in one year, then why is this job even posted? 

If they bring in a head coach for the consolidated job and tell him he must hire this guy to be the OC and that guy to be the DC then many BIG TIME coaches would not take the job.  

13 minutes ago, KingDeuce said:

If Hopkinsville has an interim head coach, and they are consolidating in one year, then why is this job even posted? 

If they bring in a head coach for the consolidated job and tell him he must hire this guy to be the OC and that guy to be the DC then many BIG TIME coaches would not take the job.  

Not saying it will happen, actually a very low chance. But any coach coming in will probably retain a few assistants because this is HS not college and it’s virtually impossible to bring in an entire new staff. 

7 hours ago, KingDeuce said:

Are things starting to come together in Tiger Town? 

By “ Cone Together” if you mean all the “Big Name Guys” they wanted told them NO so now they are talking to the guys that actually want the job , then yes it’s coming together! 

15 minutes ago, CoachHB said:

By “ Cone Together” if you mean all the “Big Name Guys” they wanted told them NO so now they are talking to the guys that actually want the job , then yes it’s coming together! 

That may indeed be the what come together means, or could even mean a smaller list than that!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cary Grant said:

Why would they be interested in a high school assistant coach with no HC experience.  You would think they could get a good coach with HC experience for this job. Maybe one of the assistants at Austin Peay or Western would be interested. 

For a 1 year job? That would make zero sense for anyone established to do unless they were promised the consolidated job. 

• Like 1