Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Robic

Featured Replies

Where is he? His wife just made a strange post on Facebook. 

13 hours ago, Cary Grant said:

Did Cal fire him?

Sure sounds like it.

  • Author

Must be  someone going on as no one is wanting to touch this topic?

I haven't listened to KSR in quite some time but have they said nothing about Robic's departure?

He left the assistant coaching job and moved into an administrative assistants job. And it seems as if he's not there anymore. I have no idea why.

  • Author

It appears they are keeping his employment a secret?

I really am not a UK basketball person and had never heard of this man before.  Spent some time doing some research on him last night and yes this entire situation is rather odd.  Terrible tragedy with his daughter, but the timing of the whole thing is very weird.  Also, with the new (some of them returns) coaching staff in place this year, I am guessing some friction?

  • Author

He was the long time number one assistant with Cal for years. Strange none of the local media has picked up on this? Where is Jerry Tipton when you need him?

Why did he go from an assistant coach to an administrative assistant job where he couldn't speak during games or whatever it was?  That happened a few years ago and I remember KSR reporting on that but I don't remember the reason for that change.

A. Who knows? B. Who cares?

I remember them announcing he was switching roles. I took from the (bizarre) Facebook post he is not with UK at all. Usually those type moves mean you are being relocated, but can finish out a contract. She didn't say he was fired, just that he was no longer with UK. FWIW, he is still listed as being with the University of Kentucky on their athletics website so who knows what the post means?

My assumption is people trying to drub up something had no idea he hasn't been on the sidelines.

  • Author

I care, this man has gave us many great years! No way to put him out to pasture!

On 12/19/2021 at 4:44 PM, Cary Grant said:

I care, this man has gave us many great years! No way to put him out to pasture!

Happens all the time.  It's the nature of working in athletics.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.