I really am not a UK basketball person and had never heard of this man before.  Spent some time doing some research on him last night and yes this entire situation is rather odd.  Terrible tragedy with his daughter, but the timing of the whole thing is very weird.  Also, with the new (some of them returns) coaching staff in place this year, I am guessing some friction?

Why did he go from an assistant coach to an administrative assistant job where he couldn't speak during games or whatever it was?  That happened a few years ago and I remember KSR reporting on that but I don't remember the reason for that change.

A. Who knows? B. Who cares?

I remember them announcing he was switching roles. I took from the (bizarre) Facebook post he is not with UK at all. Usually those type moves mean you are being relocated, but can finish out a contract. She didn't say he was fired, just that he was no longer with UK. FWIW, he is still listed as being with the University of Kentucky on their athletics website so who knows what the post means?

My assumption is people trying to drub up something had no idea he hasn't been on the sidelines.