Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cincinnati Chili..

Featured Replies

Skyline, Dixie Chili, Gold Star. Give me your rankings and best go-to order. 

  • Replies 41
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Colonels_Wear_Blue
    Colonels_Wear_Blue

    It's a hot dog bun with mustard on one side, mayo on the other, a hot dog and a dill pickle spear both in the bun, and topped with cheese.

  • Glider, great to hear from you again. This one is about as close as the Michigan Iowa game this weekend. Dixie Chili is far superior than the others. The chili is better and the alligator out matches

  • ChickenWyngz
    ChickenWyngz

    I'm going to take it off topic a bit but: 1) Camp Washington Chili  2) Dixie 3) Skyline 4) A pb&j 5) Gold Star unless I'm getting a burger or chicken sandwich. I highly re

Glider, great to hear from you again. This one is about as close as the Michigan Iowa game this weekend. Dixie Chili is far superior than the others. The chili is better and the alligator out matches Skyline chilito. Gold star has other offerings than the others but when talking strictly chili products, Dixie Chili takes the gold. 

Just now, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

1) Dixie Chili
2) Skyline
3) Gold Star

....and don't forget to have an alligator while you're at Dixie Chili.

3 minutes ago, hector607 said:

Glider, great to hear from you again. This one is about as close as the Michigan Iowa game this weekend. Dixie Chili is far superior than the others. The chili is better and the alligator out matches Skyline chilito. Gold star has other offerings than the others but when talking strictly chili products, Dixie Chili takes the gold. 

To answer the question:

Dixie Chili

Skyline

Gold Star 

My order at Dixie Chili is 5 cheese coneys and a 5 way (add an alligator if I’m feeling frisky) 

  • Author
9 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

....and don't forget to have an alligator while you're at Dixie Chili.

No kidding. So good. 

Call me crazy, but camp Washington is the best option out there. It’s the taste of their chili that does it for me

  • Author
4 minutes ago, Shargol85 said:

Call me crazy, but camp Washington is the best option out there. It’s the taste of their chili that does it for me

I certainly cannot say no until I have had it, @Shargol85, but I haven’t heard many people rave about it. How many locations do they have?

I'm going to take it off topic a bit but:

1) Camp Washington Chili 

2) Dixie

3) Skyline

4) A pb&j

5) Gold Star unless I'm getting a burger or chicken sandwich. I highly recommend both! 

1 minute ago, ChickenWyngz said:

I'm going to take it off topic a bit but:

1) Camp Washington Chili 

2) Dixie

3) Skyline

4) A pb&j

5) Gold Star unless I'm getting a burger or chicken sandwich. I highly recommend both! 

You're right...Camp Washington > Dixie Chili.

Skyline, Gold Star (tie)

Wife's Cincy style (made with ground turkey)

Camp Washington

Dixie

(Years ago JTM made a Cincy style chili that wasn't bad.  Haven't seen it in quite a while)

Have yet to get around to Price Hill Chili, Blue Ash Chili, Pleasant Ridge.

Not an Empress fan.  Much better years ago than what I've tried recently.

I grew up with Pleasant Ridge Chili directly in my backyard.  I should have never grown up and moved.

17 hours ago, hector607 said:

Glider, great to hear from you again. This one is about as close as the Michigan Iowa game this weekend. Dixie Chili is far superior than the others. The chili is better and the alligator out matches Skyline chilito. Gold star has other offerings than the others but when talking strictly chili products, Dixie Chili takes the gold. 

 

17 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

....and don't forget to have an alligator while you're at Dixie Chili.

An alligator is __________ ?

3 minutes ago, OlDog75 said:

Skyline, Gold Star (tie)

Wife's Cincy style (made with ground turkey)

Camp Washington

Dixie

(Years ago JTM made a Cincy style chili that wasn't bad.  Haven't seen it in quite a while)

Have yet to get around to Price Hill Chili, Blue Ash Chili, Pleasant Ridge.

Not an Empress fan.  Much better years ago than what I've tried recently.

Empress *is* the original Cincinnati style chili. It was originally made by two Greek brothers who operated a hot-dog cart out front of the Empress Theater...an old Presbyterian Church-turned-burlesque theater that allegedly had a brothel operating out of it as well.

The brothers eventually opened their first storefront next door to the theater (later named the Gayety Theater) because of how popular their chili dogs were with the patrons. Both the theater and the original Empress Chili parlor were demolished to make way for and expansion of the Cincinnati Public Library.

Not sure whether or not Empress has tweaked their recipe over the years, but there used to be a location up in Hartwell near the office of a general contractor I used to work for. I ate there about once a week because they had great deli sandwiches in addition to the chili. Their chili was a little sweeter than most of the others I've had.

large.jpg

image-asset.jpeg

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.