Cincinnati Chili..

Glider

Glider, great to hear from you again. This one is about as close as the Michigan Iowa game this weekend. Dixie Chili is far superior than the others. The chili is better and the alligator out matches Skyline chilito. Gold star has other offerings than the others but when talking strictly chili products, Dixie Chili takes the gold. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, hector607 said:

Glider, great to hear from you again. This one is about as close as the Michigan Iowa game this weekend. Dixie Chili is far superior than the others. The chili is better and the alligator out matches Skyline chilito. Gold star has other offerings than the others but when talking strictly chili products, Dixie Chili takes the gold. 

To answer the question:

Dixie Chili

Skyline

Gold Star 

My order at Dixie Chili is 5 cheese coneys and a 5 way (add an alligator if I’m feeling frisky) 

4 minutes ago, Shargol85 said:

Call me crazy, but camp Washington is the best option out there. It’s the taste of their chili that does it for me

I certainly cannot say no until I have had it, @Shargol85, but I haven’t heard many people rave about it. How many locations do they have?

Skyline, Gold Star (tie)

Wife's Cincy style (made with ground turkey)

Camp Washington

Dixie

(Years ago JTM made a Cincy style chili that wasn't bad.  Haven't seen it in quite a while)

Have yet to get around to Price Hill Chili, Blue Ash Chili, Pleasant Ridge.

Not an Empress fan.  Much better years ago than what I've tried recently.

17 hours ago, hector607 said:

17 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

....and don't forget to have an alligator while you're at Dixie Chili.

An alligator is __________ ?

3 minutes ago, OlDog75 said:

Skyline, Gold Star (tie)

Wife's Cincy style (made with ground turkey)

Camp Washington

Dixie

(Years ago JTM made a Cincy style chili that wasn't bad.  Haven't seen it in quite a while)

Have yet to get around to Price Hill Chili, Blue Ash Chili, Pleasant Ridge.

Not an Empress fan.  Much better years ago than what I've tried recently.

Empress *is* the original Cincinnati style chili. It was originally made by two Greek brothers who operated a hot-dog cart out front of the Empress Theater...an old Presbyterian Church-turned-burlesque theater that allegedly had a brothel operating out of it as well.

The brothers eventually opened their first storefront next door to the theater (later named the Gayety Theater) because of how popular their chili dogs were with the patrons. Both the theater and the original Empress Chili parlor were demolished to make way for and expansion of the Cincinnati Public Library.

Not sure whether or not Empress has tweaked their recipe over the years, but there used to be a location up in Hartwell near the office of a general contractor I used to work for. I ate there about once a week because they had great deli sandwiches in addition to the chili. Their chili was a little sweeter than most of the others I've had.

large.jpg

image-asset.jpeg

• Like 1