Walton-Verona vs. Highlands Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

The defending state champion Highlands Bluebirds kick off their basketball season on Tuesday 11/30 by hosting the Walton-Verona Bearcats.  Hard to replace the Player of the Year Sam Vinson and big sharp shooter Luke Muller, but Highlands brings a lot back from last year, William Herald (13), Zach Barth (10) and Oliver Harris (8).  Walton-Verona returns 3 double figure scorers in Brant Smithers (20), Cameron Christy (11) and Carter Krohman (11).   This should be an exciting and very evenly matched game.  It will be a PACKED house in Ft. Thomas so you can watch this game for FREE as always, on (859) Sports Radio!!

• Thanks 1

The Bearcats are the obvious underdogs in this one, but don't be surprised if Walton-Verona makes this a very interesting game.   The Cats are full of shooters, and if their shots are falling, anything can happen.

Excellent challenge for Mike Hester's bunch, who have designs on contending in the 8th.

CM

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 859Radio said:

The defending state champion Highlands Bluebirds kick off their basketball season on Tuesday 11/30 by hosting the Walton-Verona Bearcats.  Hard to replace the Player of the Year Sam Vinson and big sharp shooter Luke Muller, but Highlands brings a lot back from last year, William Herald (13), Zach Barth (10) and Oliver Harris (8).  Walton-Verona returns 3 double figure scorers in Brant Smithers (20), Cameron Christy (11) and Carter Krohman (11).   This should be an exciting and very evenly matched game.  It will be a PACKED house in Ft. Thomas so you can watch this game for FREE as always, on (859) Sports Radio!!

What time is tipoff?  It's sad to see BGP giving no love to the Birds at #19 in Preseason Rankings.  Wish I could comment on that thread.....

22 hours ago, ColonelMike said:

The Bearcats are the obvious underdogs in this one, but don't be surprised if Walton-Verona makes this a very interesting game.   The Cats are full of shooters, and if their shots are falling, anything can happen.

Excellent challenge for Mike Hester's bunch, who have designs on contending in the 8th.

CM

Agree on all points.

13 minutes ago, bulldog77 said:

So picking against a team, even by fans of the OTHER team is now showing disrespect?  If that's the case, it's gonna be a long basketball season . . .

No worries, I get it. Maybe my emotions for the first game are getting to me.

I am just EXCITED to watch hoops and finally have fans in the seats again!!!!!

• Like 2