Florida fires Dan Mullen

Thought he may get one more year, but when you lose to UK, Missouri, and South Carolina in the same year there's not much to say. Mullen and his staff struggled with recruiting the QB position, and when you miss on those prospects at a school like UF it's going to be difficult to compete with UGA and Bama within conference. It'll be interesting to see the new direction they'll end up going. 

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Wow I hate to be that guy, but the AD really botched this one… no consequences there?

Maybe, but who thought Mullen would be less successful at Florida than at Mississippi State?

Or are talking about the firing being botched some way?

I don't feel sorry for him one bit.  Dan's smiling all the way to his bank.  He got like a 12 million dollar buy out on his contract.  $6,000,000.00 over the next 30 days and $1,000,000.00 every July 15th. till 2027.  It's like early retirement the way I look at it.      

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Rebel said:

I don't feel sorry for him one bit.  Dan's smiling all the way to his bank.  He got like a 12 million dollar buy out on his contract.  $6,000,000.00 over the next 30 days and $1,000,000.00 every July 15th. till 2027.  It's like early retirement the way I look at it.      

That's one helluva buyout. Tells you how much money Florida has....or a couple deep pocket boosters lol.

When asked about how he felt about Mullen getting fired after losing to Missouri, Coach Eli Dinkwitz said,

“My father-in-law is a farmer,” he explained. “There is an old saying you reap what you so. I believe this. If you sow kindness, you reap kindness. If you sow jackass ability, you (reap) jackass. Just one of those things.”

😆 🤣 😂