Russellville vs. Bethlehem Predictions/Updates

Bac2369

Who wins this matchup?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

• Russellville
    • Bethlehem

This poll is closed to new votes

Russellville picked up a huge in over Newport Central Catholic 21-0 to advance to this State Semi Final matchup. The game was scoreless for 3 quarters until a big interception changed the tides of the game. 

Bethlehem picked up the biggest win in the Class 1A spectrum over Kentucky Country Day. Bethlehem not only won this game, it was won in dominate fashion has they cruised to a 49-10 victory. This team is finally showing the potential I saw at the beginning of the season.

Russellvilles path to this matchup was a first round bye, a win over Crittenden County, and a win over Newport Central Catholic.

Bethlehem’s path was a win over Fort Knox, Louisville Holy Cross, and Kentucky Country Day.

Russellville comes in averaging just over 32 points per game, and giving up almost 10 points per game.

Bethlehem comes in averaging close to 43 points per game, and giving up close to 11 points per game.

Who wins the right to play for the state championship? Does Russellville continue its dream season? Does Bethlehem make another 1st in its dream season?

• Thanks 1

While I like Russellville to win in the game, don't sleep on Bethlehem.  This is a team whose only defeats are to a poor 6A team (Eastern), but we are talking about a 1A team and they were in this game and lost 52-42.

They also lost on the road to a good Sayre team and taken care of business otherwise.  This is a team that went on the road as an underdog and got it done.  I think they believe they can win.  Russellville needs to be ready from the start.  This is a very underrated game.  Could go either way.

21 hours ago, DearToday said:

I think Russellville ends up winning 1A. 

Wow, not sure I've heard anyone pick someone other than Pikeville to win Class 1A. You may be right on that. In your opinion what advantages does Russellville hold over the remaining three teams?

21 hours ago, DearToday said:

I think Russellville ends up winning 1A. 

14 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Wow, not sure I've heard anyone pick someone other than Pikeville to win Class 1A. You may be right on that. In your opinion what advantages does Russellville hold over the remaining three teams?

I am curious too?

5 hours ago, theguru said:

I am curious too?

6 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I’m not sure how Russellville will hold up on the line. But I do think they have skill and speed that can match Pikeville. Pikeville has been pretty vanilla with Birchfield. That’s also in part because they’ve not had to do anything else. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1