Mel Tucker the 95 million dollar man

43 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

BREAKING: Michigan State is working on a historic 10-year, $95 million contract extension for Mel Tucker.

This would have been Luke Fickell’s money, man…

Bionic Man Six Million Dollar GIF - Bionic Man Six Million Dollar Eye GIFs

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

BREAKING: Michigan State is working on a historic 10-year, $95 million contract extension for Mel Tucker.

So will LSU match that in $$$s? I would think 10 years would be pretty long for a new coach. Maybe 5 at 50 million?

46 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

I’m sure Fickell will get his eventually if he wants it. 

• Like 1

IMO, LSU doesn't need to hire a guy worth $100 million.  Look at the guys that have won championships there.

1) Nick Saban when he was not yet "Nick Saban"

2) Les Miles, who has proven since he left LSU that he can't coach his way out of an open field

3) Ed O.   100% attitude, maybe 35% ability?

Get a good, reliable coach and see what happens.   If he proves to be a keeper, then lay out the 9 digit contract.

2 hours ago, 9068 said:

So will LSU match that in $$$s? I would think 10 years would be pretty long for a new coach. Maybe 5 at 50 million?

No way they can get Lincoln Riley much cheaper.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

No way they can get Lincoln Riley much cheaper.

Sounds like a real possibility. Then the OU job becomes interesting. Lots of dominoes come January....or December.

1 hour ago, The Raven said:

IMO, LSU doesn't need to hire a guy worth $100 million.  Look at the guys that have won championships there.

1) Nick Saban when he was not yet "Nick Saban"

2) Les Miles, who has proven since he left LSU that he can't coach his way out of an open field

3) Ed O.   100% attitude, maybe 35% ability?

Get a good, reliable coach and see what happens.   If he proves to be a keeper, then lay out the 9 digit contract.

I really like Mel but I’m shocked Sparty has a nearly 100 mill guy.  On the heals of playing OSU, no pressure.

12 hours ago, John Anthony said:

I really like Mel but I’m shocked Sparty has a nearly 100 mill guy.  On the heals of playing OSU, no pressure.

I would have at least waited until after the OSU game to start throwing out silly numbers like that. 

Considering how unproven MT is, I'm shocked MSU would be willing to pay that kind of money to keep him around. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Just a real indicator of how much money is generated in football. Kind of like VA TECH canning Fuentes now instead of waiting a couple weeks and saving about 2.5 million. That's Guru money lol.

11 hours ago, Walter said:

I would have at least waited until after the OSU game to start throwing out silly numbers like that. 

Considering how unproven MT is, I'm shocked MSU would be willing to pay that kind of money to keep him around. 

Sounds like two billionaire boosters made it happen.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Sounds like two billionaire boosters made it happen.  

I hear those types of resources are pretty good for the program. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Walter said:

I hear those types of resources are pretty good for the program. 

Can you say N-I-L? Lol. The George Steinbrenner effect.