Troy Howell Preseason Top 10

13 hours ago, The Double Deuce said:

Highlands have enough back to warrant a Top 10 selection?  That seems a little surprising.  

They will still have plenty of shooters with Barth and Herald.  Those 2 on any given night hitting 3's could go off over 20+ points.  They lose some size with Sam and Luke graduating but it will be interesting how Harris, Kocher and Benke bang down low.  I am sure the team will have some growing pains not having Sam and Luke but at the end of the season I am sure Listerman will have this team well suited to make a decent run.

12 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

They will still have plenty of shooters with Barth and Herald.  Those 2 on any given night hitting 3's could go off over 20+ points.  They lose some size with Sam and Luke graduating but it will be interesting how Harris, Kocher and Benke bang down low.  I am sure the team will have some growing pains not having Sam and Luke but at the end of the season I am sure Listerman will have this team well suited to make a decent run.

Not to mention Geisler and the junior guards, Coby Kramer and Seth Ryan, who can fill it up as well.

Harris and Benke will be more than enough inside.  This team won't have the top dawg like they did last year, but sleep on them and they will surprise you.  The schedule will have them battle tested as well.  I promise they will give CovCath all they can handle in the 9th.

Just now, throwback32 said:

Not to mention Geisler and the junior guards, Coby Kramer and Seth Ryan, who can fill it up as well.

Harris and Benke will be more than enough inside.  This team won't have the top dawg like they did last year, but sleep on them and they will surprise you.  The schedule will have them battle tested as well.  I promise they will give CovCath all they can handle in the 9th.

Totally agree, also you have Robinson, Dunn and Reed....

I saw on football thread we might lose some players that have opted out....I haven't received that memo.  Do you know who?

2 hours ago, theguru said:

I wonder why Troy did a Top 30 in football but only a Top 10 in basketball?

I am not complaining Troy, just curious? 

I have a top 25 just haven't posted it yet.  Figured I would hold off until our (Clark and mine) combined rankings are posted the week of thanksgiving.  But I may post them sooner, haven't decided yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I saw on football thread we might lose some players that have opted out....I haven't received that memo.  Do you know who?

I think Dunn and Robinson are the football players that aren't coming back.  Should be an interesting year for the Birds, returning 5 of their top 7 from the title team.  Of course the two they lost were really good.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Forgot about Reed, he is there and was a contributor last year.  I do not believe Dunn and Robinson are playing this year.

• Like 1