St. Xavier vs. Manual Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/13/2021 at 12:00 AM

St. Xavier (10-1) is coming off a 48-0 win over Butler. Manual (8-3) is coming off a 35-20 win over Pleasure Ridge Park.

Earlier in the season, St. X defeated Manual 42-10. In the previous meeting, Manual had 6 turnovers that St. X took advantage of. Manual played without RB  JuWaun Northington in the PRP game and their offense was not as good. Northington will most likely be out this game with a arm injury suffered in the Male game.

St. X starters just played the 1st half against Butler and should come into this game rested and have a extra day of rest since they played on Thursday. St. X should be as healthy as they have been all season with Teddy Meiers returning for this game. Micah Carter status is unknown and I assume he won't play against Manual. Biggest concern with St. X is after blowing Manual out in previous meeting due to turnovers, which it's unlikely Manual makes that many turnovers again, and convincing the team that this game will be closer as Manual has a good defense. 

Power ratings show St. X should win by 14 so this should be more competitive game than 1st meeting.

Kickoff  is 7:00 Friday. 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Will be closer this time around as I don't think Manual will turn the ball over six times, but Manual's offense will struggle to score enough points to really threaten in this game, especially as the

I'm going to need the UofL women's post game show to end in 4 minutes. 

If Northington plays, I think Manual has a chance.  I don't think he will play though. Manual won't turn it over 6 times, but that won't matter in this game.  I just don't see a scenario where Ma

Posted Images

Will be closer this time around as I don't think Manual will turn the ball over six times, but Manual's offense will struggle to score enough points to really threaten in this game, especially as the Tiger defense is getting pretty close to 100%. Tigers win 27-7.

• Like 2

If Northington plays, I think Manual has a chance.  I don't think he will play though.

Manual won't turn it over 6 times, but that won't matter in this game.  I just don't see a scenario where Manual wins this game.  You have to earn it on the field, yes, but everything and I mean everything points to a comfortable St X win on Friday.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Purple88 said:

If Northington plays, I think Manual has a chance.  I don't think he will play though.

Manual won't turn it over 6 times, but that won't matter in this game.  I just don't see a scenario where Manual wins this game.  You have to earn it on the field, yes, but everything and I mean everything points to a comfortable St X win on Friday.

Agreed.

Hard to imagine Manual making a game of this if Northington can't go. The rest of the team could play much better than last time and it still may not matter.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, LongTimeReader said:

I know Walsh left the Butler game early because of an ankle injury, will he play this week or will he be out this week?

I'm not sure. I don't think it was serious injury so wouldn't surprise me if back. Dontre Richardson ran well so I think fine with him if Walsh can't go.

• Like 1

With the forecast of cold & windy Friday, I think this will be low scoring game. Male could only score 23 on Manual so they have good defense. I think Manual will struggle to score against St. X defense especially if they can't get passing game going. I'll go with St. X 14-0.