St. Xavier vs. Butler Predictions/Updates

St. Xavier is the #1 seed and hosts #4 seed Butler. St. X defeated Butler 43-0 in the regular season. I'm posting this more for updates then predictions. Tigers should put a running clock on the Bears. The winner gets the winner of Manual vs. Pleasure Ridge Park. St. X will host the 2nd round game should they advance past Butler. 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure about Carter but others should be back. I doubt they play against Butler since not needed. I expect them to play Manual game.

Looking at stats, Jack Sivori needs 199 rushing yards to be a 1,000 yard rusher and be in 1,000 yard rusher/passer club.

St. X 7-0. 6:35 1Q.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, LongTimeReader said:

If everything goes smooth with the airlines I’ll be in town by 5 on Thursday and get to see this game in person. 

If you are running late, better hurry this one will be over in a hurry.

X 54, Butler 0

2 hours ago, Purple88 said:

St X 100

Butler 3

Butler has a good soccer team, so thinking they could kick a 50 yard FG at the buzzer.

They could score that but because of running clock and reserves will be similar score as previous meeting.

22 hours ago, LongTimeReader said:

Is it 35 or 36 for running clock? Get there as fast as you can and get the backups in.

Why is it 36?  There isn’t much difference between 35 & 36. I’ve been following HS football for a long time and I can’t recall one time where a team was down by 35 points and came back to win. By making it 36 you are forcing a team that wants to get the game over with to play longer and subjecting players to injuries or embarrassing their opponent by going for 2. Another head scratching decision by the KHSAA.  If you want another possession by the winning team make a running clock 29 points. 

• Like 1

It looks like at the BG game X still didn’t have Meyers, Parnello (spelling) or Carter, do you guys expect to be at full strength defensively?

3 minutes ago, Brown said:

It looks like at the BG game X still didn’t have Meyers, Parnello (spelling) or Carter, do you guys expect to be at full strength defensively?

Not sure about Carter but others should be back. I doubt they play against Butler since not needed. I expect them to play Manual game.

• Like 2