Time to Panic in the Dog Pound?

Case Keenum getting the start on Thursday night, which isn't a shock given the short week. I thought Baker's shoulder injury looks like a much bigger deal than anyone is letting on. Kareem Hunt is out for a bit and so is Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah.

Is it time to panic in Cleveland? If not, is Baker THE guy? 

I'm a firm believer that the Brown have all of the pieces to be a real contender, but they need to trade OBJ first. I thought Baker looked like a completely different QB last year once he went out for the year against the Bengals. 

15 minutes ago, theguru said:

How long is Baker projected to be out?

Looks like the Browns are calling it week to week, Baker originally said he'd start Thursday, and the truth will be known in the coming weeks. 

It just looked like it was worse than a week to week injury when he went down on Sunday, and labrums don't simply heal. If anything, this will progressively get worse as he takes hits throughout the year. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Looks like the Browns are calling it week to week, Baker originally said he'd start Thursday, and the truth will be known in the coming weeks. 

It just looked like it was worse than a week to week injury when he went down on Sunday, and labrums don't simply heal. If anything, this will progressively get worse as he takes hits throughout the year. 

If Baker is out very long I think panic is the right word, maybe even look ahead to 2022.

A limited participant in Tuesday's practice, Mayfield said earlier that day that he planned to start and that it would ultimately be his decision. But Mayfield added that he would play only if he felt that his injury wouldn't hamper the team or his own performance.

"Only I know how my body feels," Mayfield said Tuesday. "If anyone questions whether I am hindering the team and going out there injured, that's just not right. It's my decision. I get to say whether I am able to play or not, and that's just how it is."

Then the next day:

"We have full confidence in him to lead us and do the things necessary to put us in position to win," Browns coach Kevin Stefanski said in a statement Wednesday. "Baker fought really hard to play, he's a competitor and obviously wants to be out there but just couldn't make it on a short week. We know he will continue to do everything in his power to return as quickly as possible."

That's an awful quick change of events. I legitimately hope that this doesn't turn into something it doesn't need to be with Baker upset with the Browns for protecting him from himself. 

It definitely wasn't pretty, but a W is a W especially when you're in the situation the Browns were in last night! 

Looks like Mayfield has a fracture in the shoulder and a fully torn labrum, which he can play through depending on pain tolerance. It will require surgery at the years end. The key is for him to not injure the shoulder more, but I legitimately don't see Baker's playing style allowing him to make it through week 17. that is no knock on him, dude is a competitor and he is going to dive on a loose ball, etc. 

Keenum had some moments that he looks good, but overall the offense wasn't much. Many media heads were clamoring about how loud it will get if Keenum does play well because no one is more popular in town than the backup QB! 

Denver beat up on 3 bad teams (Jets, Giants and Jags) and have now fallen back to earth, hard.   Not surprised Cleveland won this game, even without Baker.   But without him, I don't see them making any serious noise.   Even with him it was iffy.