Owensboro at Graves County Predictions/Updates

Red Devils vs. Eagles   

35 members have voted

1. 1. The winner will be...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/15/2021 at 11:00 PM

9 minutes ago, gcbleedblue said:

Looks like rain is going to be a factor Friday night.

I can’t decide who this helps and who it hurts. Hate that it might take away from the atmosphere of what should be a great game. 

Yes that sucks.

Thunderstorms all day - so maybe a cancel.  I would hope they reschedule for Saturday because a 2.5 hour bus trip to learn the game is delayed then cancelled sucks.  Graves field is grass and it's going to rain all day tomorrow.  Maybe play at Murray State or somewhere the field isn't drenched.

10 hours ago, Hungover_in_Andover said:

Uh oh. Weather isn't going to be an excuse come Saturday morning is it?

HA! Not at all. I'm more upset that it will hurt the size of the crowd and the atmosphere for a game both these teams deserve to have. Like I said, I don't know if the rain hurts or helps us.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hungover_in_Andover said:

Uh oh. Weather isn't going to be an excuse come Saturday morning is it?

I'll say this - Owensboro if it were hosting, they would play Saturday, I think Graves will like the mudpit and further rain to stop O's speed.   I could be wrong, but I don't think anyway short of lightning cancellation Graves stops the game - it plays into their hands.  Owensboro would move it in a heartbeat now to save the  2.5 hour trip for an opposing team.  Hopefully Graves is courteous if the forecast stays the same.

2 hours ago, gcbleedblue said:

HA! Not at all. I'm more upset that it will hurt the size of the crowd and the atmosphere for a game both these teams deserve to have. Like I said, I don't know if the rain hurts or helps us.

In the end it will hurt the team that loses fumbles or drops passes as a result of the weather so no way to tell.  As I said, I think Owensboro would be courteous and move the game to Saturday if it were hosting, I doubt there is any chance of that with Graves.  Maybe I'm wrong - we will see.

Weather.com has now updated to HEAVY THUNDERSTORMS in Mayfield at game time 76%.  Rain ALL Day - Heavy Tstorms at game time and a downpour during the game.

This in addition to:

Showers 12-2 AM 36-47%

Scattered Thunderstorms 2-4 AM 46-57%

Thunderstorms 5-6 AM 63%

Showers 7-9 AM 44%

Scattered Thunderstorms 9-10 AM 51%

Showers 10-12 AM-PM 39-44%

Scattered Thunderstorms 12-5 PM 46-53%

Thunderstorms 5-6 PM 71%

Heavy Thunderstorms 6-7 PM 76%

Rain 7-9 PM 77%

Move the game to Saturday Graves Coach.

No way this game is moved unless lightning prevents it.  Graves is 100% fine with playing in the trenches.  I think it plays to their advantage with a back like McKee.  It will also slow down the Devils' speed.  The field's grass is usually longer than other fields.  Home Field Advantage!   

If the game is moved, the field will still be soaking.  The only difference would be the rain. 

14 minutes ago, FB Head said:

No way this game is moved unless lightning prevents it.  Graves is 100% fine with playing in the trenches.  I think it plays to their advantage with a back like McKee.  It will also slow down the Devils' speed.  The field's grass is usually longer than other fields.  Home Field Advantage!   

If the game is moved, the field will still be soaking.  The only difference would be the rain. 

I just meant reschedule to a different time.  Still on Graves field is fine.  Your asking a team and fan base to drive 5 hours round trip for a game that will have heavy tstorms at game time, meaning at best starting at 8 and quite probably cancelled anyway.  I get that if your playing someone a county over, but it’s not very courteous to a team that would probably have to drive back the next day - wet field or not.  Again I know Owensboro would be courteous in that situation.

• Like 1