Dayton 44 Bellevue 7

hrcarrier

Dayton keeps the paddle with a statement. Bellevue definitely has been struggling a lot this season but it was great seeing the atmosphere the way it was at Davis Firld last night. I feel like Dayton has improved from the start of the season. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season.

• Like 2

Bellevue has had multiple athletes who would be in 10th, 11th and 12th grades leave in 6th and 7th grade for other schools.  Its a shame because at one time this senior class and this sophomore class had some really good athletes.   Personally Bellevue has had issues for several years and not just in athletics but also in the direction of the schools.  This has caused them to lose students according to those that I have talked to  I have no first hand knowledge.  Their programs have gone from competitive and the ability to rise up and beat a "big boy" once in awhile to being very non competitive.  

Baseball program is about the only program that has sustained numbers and consistency in their program which is not surprising considering they have a future hall of fame head coach.  Basketball and football have really really fallen off.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cincyswords said:

Bellevue has had multiple athletes who would be in 10th, 11th and 12th grades leave in 6th and 7th grade for other schools.  Its a shame because at one time this senior class and this sophomore class had some really good athletes.   Personally Bellevue has had issues for several years and not just in athletics but also in the direction of the schools.  This has caused them to lose students according to those that I have talked to  I have no first hand knowledge.  Their programs have gone from competitive and the ability to rise up and beat a "big boy" once in awhile to being very non competitive.  

Baseball program is about the only program that has sustained numbers and consistency in their program which is not surprising considering they have a future hall of fame head coach.  Basketball and football have really really fallen off.  

I also heard from a good source that some players aren’t wanting to play for some of the coaches. It wasn’t elaborated upon relating to specifically who either way and whether or not it was only current players or others already gone. Regardless, that’s never a good situation for any team.

• Like 1

Unfortunately the enrollments are dropping at both schools. Both towns but especially Bellevue is getting much younger, with not as many families moving in. A lot of young professionals who are migrating back to the river cities to be near Cincy but not with 3 & 4 kids per household anymore. 

I was told both Grandview (Bellevue) & Lincoln (Dayton) elementary enrollments are at all time lows.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JoeTuck33 said:

Unfortunately the enrollments are dropping at both schools. Both towns but especially Bellevue is getting much younger, with not as many families moving in. A lot of young professionals who are migrating back to the river cities to be near Cincy but not with 3 & 4 kids per household anymore. 

I was told both Grandview (Bellevue) & Lincoln (Dayton) elementary enrollments are at all time lows.

Time to merge? Would that ever happen?

• Like 2

Time to merge. Heard someone tossing around the idea of Newport, Bellevue and Dayton becoming one district and high school, North Campbell. Said put the new school where Bellevue’s football field is and keep Newport’s playing fields just across the bridge. Doesn’t not make sense. 

4 minutes ago, TyroneBigsby said:

Time to merge. Heard someone tossing around the idea of Newport, Bellevue and Dayton becoming one district and high school, North Campbell. Said put the new school where Bellevue’s football field is and keep Newport’s playing fields just across the bridge. Doesn’t not make sense. 

That all makes perfect sense.  But those independent school districts all have a lot of pride.  But honestly, if they want those kids to consistently compete for championships, they may need to forego pride for the sake of the athletes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Raven said:

That all makes perfect sense.  But those independent school districts all have a lot of pride.  But honestly, if they want those kids to consistently compete for championships, they may need to forego pride for the sake of the athletes.

I’d love to see it for the sake of the kids and communities. I get why they’d oppose it but the upside is pretty strong. Bellevue and Dayton have already merged youth football. It may be a case of join or cease to exist if this continues. 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 9:07 PM, Voice of Reason said:

On 10/10/2021 at 8:39 PM, JoeTuck33 said:

I know that Lincoln is definitely.

On 10/10/2021 at 9:07 PM, Voice of Reason said:

Can't merge. They are Independent! The only thing that could happen here, is for Campbell to take over. Might be time for a North Campbell High School. Dayton, Bellevue, and Newport. Silver Grove has already moved to Campbell County.  With the growth of Alexandria might be time!