Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Denver 24 Cincinnati 23

Featured Replies

Was anyone else besides me remembering "the drive" when Denver went on that 99-yarder, or am I the only BGPer old enough?

  • Replies 79
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game was just devistating, to have 4 TO's and still be in a game that close is just amazing. Then for your Offense to screw it up so bad, but yet you still get a chance in the end and blow it. I honestly felt bad for the Bengals D today.

Who do you blame it on.....The snapper or the holder or both ?????

Neither. There is no way that game should have come down to a PAT snap...

Neither. There is no way that game should have come down to a PAT snap...

 

That's the answer I figured I would get

 

So who do you blame the goofed PAT ??

  • Author

You can't blame the loss on any individual; however, the missed PAT was St. Louis' fault. It looked like Larson could have caught it, but he never would have been able to get it down in time for Graham to get a good kick off.

Neither. There is no way that game should have come down to a PAT snap...

 

 

Ok I just finished watching the game on tape. I don't think I've ever seen a team make so many mistakes, and still have a shot at winning the ball game. It was unbelievable how many mistakes they made. There was a bad snap earlier in the game on a XP, that Larson did a great job of catching and getting the ball down. I know this would have been so far from the norm, or from the smart thing to do, but was there anybody that thought in the back of their mind after watching the Bengals move the ball so well all game long " Hey Marvin, let's just line up and go for two here, and win this game in regulation"?

  • Author

I was watching the game live and thought of going for 2 for the win. But that would have been a very dumb decion. No way that would give your team the best opportunity to win.

I was watching the game live and thought of going for 2 for the win. But that would have been a very dumb decion. No way that would give your team the best opportunity to win.

The only way it isn't the worst call ever is if they convert...

Muffed extra point costs Bengals shot at clinching

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=261224007

ESPN.com - NFL - Recap

 

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis was kicking himself afterward.

 

"I thought about going for two," he said. "But that doesn't matter now, does it?"

__________

 

The Bengals didn't blame rattled nerves or bad weather.

 

"I didn't put the ball in Kyle's hands," St. Louis said.

 

"We've done it a thousand times," said Larson. "We didn't execute. It had nothing to do with a wet ball or conditions. We work on this every day in practice. I reached for it. The bottom line is we need to work together as a unit."

__________

 

Palmer, who played with a sore passing shoulder, completed 21 of 40 passes for 209 yards.

 

"My shoulder was fine. I felt fine. I felt great," Palmer said. "I just didn't play great."

 

Neither did Chad Johnson, who got the better of Bailey in a game in 2004 when he caught seven passes for 149 yards and one score. This time, "Ocho Cinco" had three catches for 32 yards.

 

"The first half might have been my worst first half ever," he said. "I dropped a ball, I lose a ball on the fumble. It didn't play out the way it should have played out."

 

For Cincinnati, neither did the point-after.

__________

 

The Bengals lost for the eighth straight time in Denver

  • Author
The only way it isn't the worst call ever is if they convert...

 

I wonder how many missed PAT's there are in the NFL per season? I'd guess it's not any higher than 5. You HAVE to kick it...unless you're playing on XBOX. :D

Who do you blame it on.....The snapper or the holder or both ?????

 

A bit of both but mostly the snapper, if you take that as the key reason they lost.

 

Mostly I blame this on the Offense but not the line, more skilled players, and mostly CP(love him to death and don't know the circumstances, but he played lowsy).

I wonder how many missed PAT's there are in the NFL per season? I'd guess it's not any higher than 5. You HAVE to kick it...unless you're playing on XBOX. :D

I'd bet more. It seems like whenever they show a kicker's stats it always seems like even the best kickers miss one or two during the year.

Neither. There is no way that game should have come down to a PAT snap...

 

But it did.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.