Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals 27 Vikings 24

Featured Replies

  • Author
16 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Burrow was given to possible plays to run in that scenario. He checked to the second play, and made a great play! Loved it!

He actually said that "Burrow said that Uzomah was the third read on the play.

“They did a great job of covering the first two and we actually threw it to C.J. in practice this week for the first time in two years."

I'm glad it worked out and I'll bet that Coach Taylor was as well.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

He actually said that "Burrow said that Uzomah was the third read on the play.

“They did a great job of covering the first two and we actually threw it to C.J. in practice this week for the first time in two years."

I'm glad it worked out and I'll bet that Coach Taylor was as well.

Taylor gave Burrow two possible plays to run in that situation. Burrow checked to the second play at the line. That play was a play they ran successful a few other times the last couple of years. This was the first time with this play, that it ended up being Uzomah that got the ball. Definitely great job by Burrow being patient in that situation and not panicking after his first two reads were covered. Our former QB here usually struggled if his first read wasn’t open. So it’s awesome seeing Burrow make plays like that. 

Unless I missed it, one thing people haven’t mentioned was how great the crowd was yesterday. It was a great crowd, and most excited I have seen the crowd be since the last playoff game. 
 

It was a lost end of the game fumble that closed the Bengals window and started the downturn. Hopefully it was now a fumble recovery at the end of the game that now opens that window back up and starts an upturn that last for the whole franchise. 

16 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I just saw on I think NBC discussing the games today before the Sunday night game they were saying that on the 4th and inches call it was a run and Burrow changed the call to pass at the line. Gutsy call by the young guy and it worked great!

This one needed a love button.

14 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Mike Brown/Bengals/Aramark/DJC Concessions and me lost a lot of money today.  Cashless made lines the longest I've ever seen them at PBS and honestly anywhere.  

Fingers crossed they are getting the vendors a better system by Week 4.

But hell yeah, go Bengals!  Big win to start the season!

I am sorry to hear that MJ.  When I saw it was no cash, that is all I pay with when I go out, I figured I won't be buying anything once I am inside the stadium and I am going to the next home game. 

What about outside PBS, is it cashless there too?

36 minutes ago, theguru said:

I am sorry to hear that MJ.  When I saw it was no cash, that is all I pay with when I go out, I figured I won't be buying anything once I am inside the stadium and I am going to the next home game. 

What about outside PBS, is it cashless there too?

I am not sure about outside of PBS, but I'd imagine cash would still be accepted there.

You can turn cash in at some reverse ATM kiosk thing and get basically a debit card, I believe.  But the machine they had vendors using, doesn't accept that.  So you can imagine how that went over with some fans haha!

5 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I am not sure about outside of PBS, but I'd imagine cash would still be accepted there.

You can turn cash in at some reverse ATM kiosk thing and get basically a debit card, I believe.  But the machine they had vendors using, doesn't accept that.  So you can imagine how that went over with some fans haha!

Thanks and what a mess.

There is another pain about the new PBS system.  Season ticket holders get 15% off the Pro Shop and concessions using a bar code on our phones.  Several of the scanners could not even read the bar codes (or the staff was not trained properly to use the scanners).

Should have been a easy win the Vikings are average at best.

1 minute ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Should have been a easy win the Vikings are average at best.

I disagree.  I think the best we can tell right now the Bengals are average.  It wasn't pretty but it was a win and that is all that matters. 

18 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Mike Brown/Bengals/Aramark/DJC Concessions and me lost a lot of money today.  Cashless made lines the longest I've ever seen them at PBS and honestly anywhere.  

Fingers crossed they are getting the vendors a better system by Week 4.

But hell yeah, go Bengals!  Big win to start the season!

When I saw they went cashless I was wondering about you guys. Has to be a nightmare for vendors and a pain dealing with tips.

4 hours ago, nkypete said:

There is another pain about the new PBS system.  Season ticket holders get 15% off the Pro Shop and concessions using a bar code on our phones.  Several of the scanners could not even read the bar codes (or the staff was not trained properly to use the scanners).

I'd imagine it would probably be both.  

1 hour ago, 9068 said:

When I saw they went cashless I was wondering about you guys. Has to be a nightmare for vendors and a pain dealing with tips.

If they get us a better device, it will actually be better than when we were cash, which might sound crazy but in 2019, beers were $9.75, so two for $19.50.  You can imagine how many times I'd get a $10 or $20 bill and told to keep it.

Whereas now beers are $10.36 after tax, crazy number I know.  But if people hit 10% on that device, which most due.  You can see where that is a lot better, even if the tips go through a company before getting to me.

If they get us a better device, I am going to be thrilled, but not faith it will happen like we are told.

1 minute ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

If they get us a better device, it will actually be better than when we were cash, which might sound crazy but in 2019, beers were $9.75, so two for $19.50.  You can imagine how many times I'd get a $10 or $20 bill and told to keep it.

Whereas now beers are $10.36 after tax, crazy number I know.  But if people hit 10% on that device, which most due.  You can see where that is a lot better, even if the tips go through a company before getting to me.  Now back when beers were $9 with cash, that was great.

If they get us a better device, I am going to be thrilled, but no faith it will happen like we are told.

 

23 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Should have been a easy win the Vikings are average at best.

The Vikings every other year under Zimmer seem to have a good year and end up as a playoff team. This year is the year they are due to be a playoff team again. Minnesota defense especially up front is very. Then offensively their weapons are up there with most teams. For them Oline play is their question mark. I think they will end up being much better than you make them sound here. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.