September 12, 20215 yr Final. Coach Taylor with a big gamble that thank goodness pays off should save him some 2nd guessing since the Bengals pulled it out. Clutch kick by McPherson a 38 yard FG for the win.
September 12, 20215 yr Author Just now, theguru said: Good thing they don't ask how, just how many! Who Dey! Truer words have never been spoken guru!
September 12, 20215 yr 4 minutes ago, theguru said: Good thing they don't ask how, just how many! Who Dey! And that is all that matters. People can whine and complain all they want but if you get the win, every decision was right.
September 12, 20215 yr Who Dey! Even though the 4 and 1 call in own territory back fired. I really didn’t hate it because I Iike seeing coaches be aggressive. The call that bothered me more was running the ball on 3rd and 4 after the two minute warning. If they get the first down there the game would have been over. So if you are going to coach aggressive most of the game, don’t turn around and be conservative in that situation. You are four yards away from ending the game right there. So that decision was the one that I disagreed with the most. With that said what a play call on 4th and inches in overtime. I was at the game and as soon as he dropped back we all freaked out because no one was open at first, but it ended up being the perfect call. I think the Vikings will have a good year, so this will be looked at as a really good win. Who Dey!
September 13, 20215 yr Author I just saw on I think NBC discussing the games today before the Sunday night game they were saying that on the 4th and inches call it was a run and Burrow changed the call to pass at the line. Gutsy call by the young guy and it worked great!
September 13, 20215 yr Outside of gifting a TD to MN with a terrible 4th and short call in their own territory, I though Cincinnati played pretty well. OLine need to sure up. Can't have Burrow getting hit that many time a game.
September 13, 20215 yr Author Ja'Marr Chase set the Bengals' record for most receiving yards (101) by a rookie in their debut. Jordan Shipley (82 yards) previously had the record. Chase finished with five receptions for 101 yards and one touchdown.
September 13, 20215 yr Author 9 minutes ago, The Raven said: OLine need to sure up. Can't have Burrow getting hit that many time a game. Burrow was sacked five times and hit seven times.
September 13, 20215 yr Mike Brown/Bengals/Aramark/DJC Concessions and me lost a lot of money today. Cashless made lines the longest I've ever seen them at PBS and honestly anywhere. Fingers crossed they are getting the vendors a better system by Week 4. But hell yeah, go Bengals! Big win to start the season!
September 13, 20215 yr Author So far watching the Bears tonight, if the o-line can give Burrow a little time next Sunday the Bengals will have a real shot to begin the year 2-0.
September 13, 20215 yr I miss the good old days when good wins like this would get a lot of post. Sadly though much like many things, people only feel the need to post or comment on things when they are bad so they can complain. If they had lost this game, this thread would have many post.
September 13, 20215 yr 3 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said: I just saw on I think NBC discussing the games today before the Sunday night game they were saying that on the 4th and inches call it was a run and Burrow changed the call to pass at the line. Gutsy call by the young guy and it worked great! Burrow was given to possible plays to run in that scenario. He checked to the second play, and made a great play! Loved it!
September 13, 20215 yr 3 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said: WHO DEY, 1-0 baby!! They say anything about Burrow limping?? He said it was his ankle that got rolled a little bit, but he is fine.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.