Chattanooga at Kentucky Predictions/Updates

16thBBall Fan

Chattanooga vs. Kentucky  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Chattonooga
    • Kentucky

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/18/2021 at 04:00 PM

7 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Chattanooga (Tennessee) travels north up interstate 75 to Lexington to take on the Wildcats. Chattanooga is 1-1 on the year with a 10 point loss to Austin Peay and a 20 point win Saturday at North Alabama. The Cats will be looking to start the year 3-0 before taking on Florida on Sept. 25.

? Sept 25 UK plays So Carolina.  They play Florida Oct 2nd and will hopefully be 4-0 going in to that game.

8 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Chattanooga (Tennessee) travels north up interstate 75 to Lexington to take on the Wildcats. Chattanooga is 1-1 on the year with a 10 point loss to Austin Peay and a 20 point win Saturday at North Alabama. The Cats will be looking to start the year 3-0 before taking on Florida on Sept. 25.

Sorry should have said South Carolina on Sept. 25 instead of Florida. Thanks @Bert for the catch.

They score will be whatever UK wants it to be. Offensively, UK will probably have about the same game plan from their ULM game. They'll be able to do whatever they want to do. Defensively, I'm sure the coaches, players, and fans want to see defensive pressure on the QB and havoc in the back field. 

My guess is in the first half and the first drive or two of the second half, Stoops and Coen let Levis air it out to Robinson and Ali for long bombs to entertain the fan base, wow the wide receiver recruits Stoops and Coen want bad and to allow Levis, Ali and Robinson to pad stats a little.  After that, pull Levis because to have him injured in the second half when up by numerous touch downs would be tragic and to give Allen game reps to prepare him for the day when he may be needed.

• Like 1

My goals for the cats this week: 

1. Stay Healthy 

2. Stay Healthy 

3. Protect the football - the Cats are currently -4 in turnovers. That number needs to improve if they want to truly compete for the SEC East. 

4. Find someone outside of Jordan Wright to pass rush. JJ Weaver? Conner Bazelak for Missouri is a good QB; but with the time the Cats gave him they made him look like a top tier QB. 

5. Develop a consistent 3rd receiver; whether it be a TE or WR, the Cats need someone to take some pressure off of Josh Ali and Wan'Dale. 

6. Get Beau Allen some quality reps. 

• Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 9:39 AM, Kenny Powers said:

3. Protect the football - the Cats are currently -4 in turnovers. That number needs to improve if they want to truly compete for the SEC East.

I think UK could be +4 or better in turn overs and they still won't be competing for the SEC East this year.  UK MAY beat Florida this year if they play incredible and Florida has a bad game but not Georgia.  I foresee a UK backfield with numerous bulldogs running around in it in the UGA game.