Ashland Area Sports Coverage

There are three area holiday tournaments with teams playing , and there wasn't one story or box score. They did attempt to write an article about the upcoming A.I.T. but they messed up with teams not in the tourney appearing in the bracket, but we did get 2 full pages of letters to Santa. Local schools spend a lot of time,effort,and money to put on a good tournament and depend on the media to get information about their tournaments out there to help boost attendence. The area deserves a better effort.

Royalblue I think that you are way off base on this. Ashland finished 2nd in a tournament last night and there was no coverage on them at all. As a matter of FACT they go no press for the whole tournament. If it has a maroon tint, it's not Ashland maroon..

Royalblue I think that you are way off base on this. Ashland finished 2nd in a tournament last night and there was no coverage on them at all. As a matter of FACT they go no press for the whole tournament. If it has a maroon tint, it's not Ashland maroon..

Yes they did get print at the tournament, but I think its all over, area sports coverage has went way down.

This being Christmas Eve has a great deal to do with it.Also it is my understanding that the paper now operates with a earlier deadline.The Boyd tournament ended very late the past few nights.Also I did not see any of the Boyd scores in the Lexington Herald for the past two games(Scott and Fleming).Someone from Boyd needs to get those scores called in.

There are three area holiday tournaments with teams playing , and there wasn't one story or box score. They did attempt to write an article about the upcoming A.I.T. but they messed up with teams not in the tourney appearing in the bracket, but we did get 2 full pages of letters to Santa. Local schools spend a lot of time,effort,and money to put on a good tournament and depend on the media to get information about their tournaments out there to help boost attendence. The area deserves a better effort.

Last edited by LRCW : Today at 12:14 PM.

WE experienced the same issues here in Maysville with our local paper. U can take a school 30 miles away or in another state and they can get a full article

It was a deadline issue guys, relax, some people take off a little early for Christmas, I would look for the stories Tuesday, I think the ADI does a good job with the resources they have, its not that easy a job

My thoughts exactly.. Looking at the ADI online today, nothing has been updated since yesterday, and not much more since Friday. It's not just the sports department that's running a little slow right now.

Last edited by LRCW : Today at 12:14 PM.

WE experienced the same issues here in Maysville with our local paper. U can take a school 30 miles away or in another state and they can get a full article

This year has been THE WORST for Maysville sports coverage. Practically full-page articles if you're from 40 miles away in Ohio, limited if any coverage of Maysville teams. I'd say the sports staff must all be from Adams and Brown Counties, but JF grew up a couple of doors down from me here in Maysville. Lots of my friends are getting pretty upset about the lack of coverage for Mason County boys and girls basketball.

I would typically agree with a lot of you guys, because if I had it my way, I wouldnt recieve any type of paper except for the sports page. Its christmas, the guys at ADI have the right to slack off a little just like everyone of us does at our jobs before a nice break.