St. Rita (IL) 27 Trinity 14

theguru

1 minute ago, theguru said:

It wasn't that close.

And if anyone would like to tell me about St. Rita I am all eyes?

I have been out of Chicago for 7 years, but I am well aware of St. Rita. One of the stalwarts of the old Catholic League Blue Division, now a part of the Catholic League/East Suburban Catholic Conference. They are an all-boys school on the south side of Chicago, competing for students with Mt. Carmel, mainly, but also with Brother Rice, and even co-ed Marist. 

Year in and year out, one of the best teams in Illinois. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mr.Network said:

I have been out of Chicago for 7 years, but I am well aware of St. Rita. One of the stalwarts of the old Catholic League Blue Division, now a part of the Catholic League/East Suburban Catholic Conference. They are an all-boys school on the south side of Chicago, competing for students with Mt. Carmel, mainly, but also with Brother Rice, and even co-ed Marist. 

Year in and year out, one of the best teams in Illinois. 

The 2021 team is upholding their rich tradition. 

6 minutes ago, NLTanker1 said:

This year's Trinity is reminding me of the 2018 Rocks. I think they'll be there at the end. 

Male is the only team that stands in their way.

The Trinity fan in me is not pushing the panic button either.  

I would keep the Rocks at 3 if it was up to me. 

18 minutes ago, theguru said:

The Trinity fan in me is not pushing the panic button either.  

I would keep the Rocks at 3 if it was up to me. 

We will find out soon enough where the Rocks stand since they play Male and St.X this month. Plus will Probably play one of those two or potentially both in playoffs depending on RPI scenario. Trinity playing tough teams so I'm not writing them off. Can't count out Trinity unless they lose in playoffs which isn't often.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

We will find out soon enough where the Rocks stand since they play Male and St.X this month. Plus will Probably play one of those two or potentially both in playoffs depending on RPI scenario. Trinity playing tough teams so I'm not writing them off. Can't count out Trinity unless they lose in playoffs which isn't often.

Right, as we type tonight Trinity is a threat to win 6A.

• Like 3

No reason to push the panic button just yet.

St. Rita was big and very well coached. I was super impressed with what I saw from them; when I watched warm-ups I was afraid it was going to be 35-7 or something like that.

Muffed punt snap for a TD for Rita and a TD called back for T. Lots of sophomores getting a lot of reps.

The Rocks are #3 in 6-A right now and I don't think anyone will move above them; will have a shot in the end if they don't get too banged up. LaSalle next - yikes!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, EastSideJunkie said:

No reason to push the panic button just yet.

St. Rita was big and very well coached. I was super impressed with what I saw from them; when I watched warm-ups I was afraid it was going to be 35-7 or something like that.

Muffed punt snap for a TD for Rita and a TD called back for T. Lots of sophomores getting a lot of reps.

The Rocks are #3 in 6-A right now and I don't think anyone will move above them; will have a shot in the end if they don't get too banged up. LaSalle next - yikes!

LaSalle is a good matchup, the rest of it I agree on.