Bardstown 33 John Hardin 26

Hearsay

Tigers get 2 TD passes and a rushing TD from Brady Clark, and a bend-but-don’t-break defensive effort to overcome a great rushing performance by John Hardin’s Keyandre Strand and defeat the resurgent 4A Bulldogs under Doug Preston.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Bardstown has a very nice team. I appreciate the class and effort they played with. I also feel the same way about our kids. It was a hard fought physical battle. Both squads left all they had on the field. I am particularly proud of my freshman starters and the other freshman that stepped into that type of atmosphere and gave us all they could.  I really think the playoff type atmosphere will help both teams down the line. Go Dawgs!! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Coach Preston said:

Bardstown has a very nice team. I appreciate the class and effort they played with. I also feel the same way about our kids. It was a hard fought physical battle. Both squads left all they had on the field. I am particularly proud of my freshman starters and the other freshman that stepped into that type of atmosphere and gave us all they could.  I really think the playoff type atmosphere will help both teams down the line. Go Dawgs!! 

Making the best of the present while building for the future. John football is in good hands, coach.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

I’m a little surprised by this score I watched JH in person last week and they looked really good. Maybe Bardstown should give some love for number 1 in 3A.

Bardstown is good, but much too early for that kind of ranking. We’ve got things to work on. We will see how it looks in a couple weeks after the E-Town game.

1 hour ago, Coach Preston said:

A really enjoyable game. Despite the physicality, both sides kept their cool, no serious unsportsmanlike penalties, both teams overcame some cramping, just a great high school contest. Love the way JH and Bardstown have developed some rapport in several sports over the past several years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Wow!

I may change my mind later today with how this Mercer county game with Station turns out, but I believe Bardstown has the best two wins in 3A at the moment and everyone else in 3a above them has looked pretty ugly to start the year.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GC-Dragons said:

I honestly think Bardstown is the best team in 3A right now. This score just makes me believe that more. 
Congrats to Bardstown and John on what seems to have been a great game. 

Not yet. We’ve had a solid start to the year, but there are holes. We have a couple starters out and are too soft on D. It’s actually a team heavy on junior and sophomore starters at the moment. I think Taylor is good, CAL is good, and I don’t expect Belfry to be where they are very long.

13 hours ago, Hearsay said:

Not yet. We’ve had a solid start to the year, but there are holes. We have a couple starters out and are too soft on D. It’s actually a team heavy on junior and sophomore starters at the moment. I think Taylor is good, CAL is good, and I don’t expect Belfry to be where they are very long.

It’s funny how different people see things different ways I agree with you that CAL is good but I don’t see Belfry and certainly not Taylor in the conversation.

22 hours ago, GC-Dragons said:

I honestly think Bardstown is the best team in 3A right now. This score just makes me believe that more.

22 hours ago, theguru said:

Wow!

Might be correct. Honestly, with the up-in-the-air nature of Class 3A right now, I think you could argue with validity for about eight teams to be ranked number one. Bardstown is definitely in that group. I'm anxious to see if it balances out through the season or if there are still a large number of unknowns come playoff time.

• Thanks 1